why you do not park you aston on the road.

I wouldn't use wheel locks for one specific reason:

Okay, let's say you've bought a used car, and you've got like the medium insurance type that covers anything you need, but not everything (the german word is "Teilkasko", I don't know if there's an english equivalent). If your rims are stolen, the insurance pays for them. If the thief(es) don't manage to steal them cause of the wheel locks, and they damage your car during the process or out of a mood, its vandalism, and your insurance won't pay anything.

I know it's paradox, but knowing this, its better to let them steal your rims you will get your money for, rather than ruin your car you have to pay for yourself, don't you think?

EDIT: I looked "Teilkasko" up, it's 'partial coverage insurance'.

Regards
the Interceptor

I know a litle bit how that guy must feel...Although i don't own an Aston i had the rear badge of my Alfa stolen 2 times already :cry: Paid 138? each time. Now there is just a round black plastic base with a keyhole in the middle

How can people nick stuff like that, i would have too much of a conscience.

I guess they knicked the wheels because buy stealing the whole car it would have been easier to be found by the police and stealing the wheels can't cause any damdge to the car, I think even the theifs wouldn't have liked to see that happen.

Raven18940 said:
I feel bad it's sitting on those rough cider blocks though. :(

Did they balance it on only two blocks? :eek:
If he's lucky !

I've seen a car left on one cinder block on one side and the jackstand on the other with all four wheels gone. :blink:

I guess a two guys operation could nick them four wheels in only a few short minutes. :eek:

wheel locks are a joke. my current car has them when i bought it used, but there was no key left when i had to change to winter tires. took the guys at the wheel shop about 10 seconds.....

i say that it is his wife that did it after she found out that he is cheating on her :lol:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Man, it's funny how some of you seem to think that lug-locks will stop a serious thief for more than, say, 30 seconds.

But anything you can delay them is worth it. Who know,. maybe they'll deside to target another Aston which may be easier.

Atleast they balanced it. I'd be pissed if they sat it back down on the ground like that.

They lose more cinderblocks that way.

the Interceptor said:
I wouldn't use wheel locks for one specific reason:

Okay, let's say you've bought a used car, and you've got like the medium insurance type that covers anything you need, but not everything (the german word is "Teilkasko", I don't know if there's an english equivalent). If your rims are stolen, the insurance pays for them. If the thief(es) don't manage to steal them cause of the wheel locks, and they damage your car during the process or out of a mood, its vandalism, and your insurance won't pay anything.

I know it's paradox, but knowing this, its better to let them steal your rims you will get your money for, rather than ruin your car you have to pay for yourself, don't you think?

EDIT: I looked "Teilkasko" up, it's 'partial coverage insurance'.

Regards
the Interceptor

In America, at least under my policy with my insurance company, vandalism is covered by them as well. As long as you can prove you didn't do it.

it'd be funny if his wheels were held for ransom ahah

yes... i dont think u can sell it on ebay...
it would be really blatant...
whats the off-set and stuff anyway?
if it only fits an aston then it would be pretty dumb...