Why You Should NEVER Lend Your Car To Your Parents

Yeah. I'm not real happy about that right now.

On the other hand, this came across my desk today. I may get it in the meantime while I wait for the insurance company to figure out what they're going to do with the XKR. Have been looking for one for a while; it seems to be in good shape and it's really cheap, too.

2469250914.221449305.IM1.06.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

2469250915.221449305.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

From when the XJR was a really special order item and not just yet another XJ sedan... and the echoes of the TWR/JaguarSport venture were still reflected in the cars - with a design that started when Jaguar was still racing at LeMans.

If it was caused by a pothole.......surely those responsible for the roads are liable in some way?? Although the trouble in getting them to pay would probably be more trouble than its worth.

Thats a beautiful XJR. Buy it!! :p

Also a quick question. Do XK-R's run LSD's?? Everything I have heard says that they don't......but I just can't imagine driving a 400hp car without one!! Must be ridiculous in the wet.....

If it was caused by a pothole.......surely those responsible for the roads are liable in some way?? Although the trouble in getting them to pay would probably be more trouble than its worth.

Yes, technically I could sue the government and I'd quite probably win.

I would also probably be 40 by the time they paid. Not worth the bother since there was no major medical injury.

Thats a beautiful XJR. Buy it!! :p

I'm seriously thinking about it. Looking at the bank book and calendar, seeing if I have some time to go run and look at it.

Also a quick question. Do XK-R's run LSD's?? Everything I have heard says that they don't......but I just can't imagine driving a 400hp car without one!! Must be ridiculous in the wet.....

Nope, they didn't. They used electronic traction control (via brake application) instead (a money-saving effort by Ford - thanks a lot, guys. Next time, tack the $750 onto the price of the car; at the price level these things sold for, nobody's going to care.) None of the 4.0L X100s or X308s have LSDs. Rather annoying. They did see fit to give the 2003.5-up 4.2L XKR/X100s an LSD, though. I'm told the current XJR doesn't have an LSD, either.

The 95 XJR does have ABS, and it does have a limited slip differential. And you can tune that I6 blower engine to get 500hp. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such a hard-on for jags before. Why do you love them so much?

Ouch, its sucks to see such a nice Jag wrecked. A pot hole, damn i guess in Texas everything is big because i have hit pot holes that have ruined my motorcycle but a car.

For the car being totaled, i am assuming Texas is going to list that title as totaled right? That will hurt the resale a lot, assuming you plan to sale it. But if the price is right, it would make for a great project car (maybe you can get the LSD fitted..).
Oh about LSD a lot of cars with a lot of power dont ship with proper ones, but with ESD (or ELSD). I know my 03 4.2 S-Type did not and the XJR's did not.

As for the XJR your looking to get, that looks nice. Most of the times i warn people about Jags, but you know what your getting in too.
I did not know that insurances would write off Jags so quickly, i had no trouble getting my S-Type fixed when I got re ended but then again the damage was very light as the bumper did its job.

For the car being totaled, i am assuming Texas is going to list that title as totaled right? That will hurt the resale a lot, assuming you plan to sale it.

Texas will only change the title status if the insurance company takes possession of the title (as in most states). If I retain possession of the car and title, the title doesn't change.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such a hard-on for jags before. Why do you love them so much?

Because God drives an E-Type. And Satan drives a FWD Buick.

Last edited:
Ok, first of that, that's funny. Second, there is nothing wrong with my Buick. Thirdly, Satan drives a Ford Taurus.

Ouch. Someone was being a bit too heavy on the gas getting on the freeway it looks like. :p

Sounds like it, lol. That sucks about your jag bud, hope everything works out!

Oh, man, I feel your pain :(

My sister totalled my car a little over a year ago; that really sucked.

I generally don't let anyone drive my car...it's my baby ;)

Texas will only change the title status if the insurance company takes possession of the title (as in most states). If I retain possession of the car and title, the title doesn't change.

Interesting, because when my Sportster was in an accident I was told that even if i buy it back from the insurance that in CA it would to reported on the title. It was because of that i decided to take the check (which was worth more then the bike =D) and get a new bike.

Bugger, that really sucks about the XKR. That XJR looks nice though, my dad was about to buy one, when the seller suddenly decided (at the last minuet) that he wanted to keep it. He is still looking; although they are pretty dear for a good one over here. That and he can walk to work so he doesn?t really need to drive much, except for fun, and mums Rover doesn?t help him there. :)

shit... sorry to hear that

Insurance companies also hate Jaguars (specifically the older sedans/saloons) because they have a nasty habit of causing massive property damage to whatever they hit. There are documented cases of Series IIIs going in the front of a house, going completely through the house, exiting the house and winding up in the swimming pool behind the house, followed by much of the house collapsing.

Good old Jags! Bloody barges!

But ontopic with your XKR, that really sucks.

I hate letting my brother drive my car, though. He thrashes the shit out of it. He's using it since the engine block on his 944 cracked, rendering it pretty much useless!

The 95 XJR does have ABS, and it does have a limited slip differential. And you can tune that I6 blower engine to get 500hp.

Good old AJ6! :D

Last edited:
Man that XJR is hot and is exactly the car I want too bad I am not in a position to buy one right now. I think that first generation XJR is the perfect get away car for me. I don't need an everyday as I have a demo through work but I do need an escape car that is good on long trips.

Damn, that's some rotten luck, I feel for you mate, I love that shape XK...But onwards and upwards, that XJR looks beautiful.

Reading your note about the Series III XJ's er...success as a blunt weapon... is quite funny, I'm thinking about getting just such a car when the big Toyota moves on... If you'd be willing to, I'd love to get some advice as to what to look out for when buying one.

Good luck with insurance company/wreckers/salesmen!

do you know how much its gonna cost to buy back the wreck? i bought mine back for $2500, the motor and gear box was worth 3k by themself! could make a bit of money on it whoring it off for spares maybe.

Does the XJR come with the American Flag attached?