Why You Should Own A Corvette

garglinggas

Car(s)
BMW E36 325i BMW E46 M3 Subaru WRX Prodrive (Sold)
corvette3.jpeg

I recently saw an episode of Top Gear that featured the new Corvette. Clarkson didn't exactly give it much praise, but then I remembered how much he loved it in a different episode. Anyway, this led me to blogging about the car in a post called Little Red Corvette

What do you make of the relatively cheap and light-weight powerhouse?

Reactions: TC
As much as I like American cars, a modern Vette.....just no.
I realize it's a damn good sportscar these days, but it still looks like it is made from one flimsy lump of plastic, and at least over here, people will assume you like gold chains......
An American performance car? Big ass muscle car all the way.

It really is not that bad, to be honest. I had the privilige and honor to drive a 458 and be driven around in a C6. C6 is not refined or sophisticated in any way. Inside it may not be the 458, but screw it. Not really cramped and not totally flimsy. And you totally forget everything when that bitch roars and burns the rear wheels. You honestly do forget about the plastics around you. Really. I was overjoyed after the Ferrari experience and had the biggest grin pn my face for days. The C6 may have the driveline shunt of a JCB digger, but it's mad. :)

As much as I like American cars, a modern Vette.....just no.
I realize it's a damn good sportscar these days, but it still looks like it is made from one flimsy lump of plastic, and at least over here, people will assume you like gold chains......
An American performance car? Big ass muscle car all the way.

Oh shut up and take your cowboy boot wearing redneck truck driving wanna be American ass to the fuel pump to drain the reserves.

That photo is everything that's wrong with the corvette. Old people like them.

Oh shut up and take your cowboy boot wearing redneck truck driving wanna be American ass to the fuel pump to drain the reserves.

Gold chain itching again? :p

I've always wanted a C2 coupe, sadly kidneys don't grow back.

Everyone ultimately learns from their mistakes. ;)

Around here they congregate at a local chevy dealer on Sunday mornings. Probably talking about Metamucil or something.

I want to go there and get as close as possible without touching their car just to watch them have an aneurism. I've never met a nice corvette owner. They're all stuck up about who knows what.

I'm not denying it's a great car but, what I can't see is how the corvette costs as much as it does and perform pretty close to the Mustang and Camaro. If you can get almost the same performance out out of something that costs less, why pay more?

Performs the same? What are you smoking? They are only similar in the quarter mile. Get on a twisty road and the vette will be long gone.

corvette3.jpeg

I recently saw an episode of Top Gear that featured the new Corvette. Clarkson didn't exactly give it much praise, but then I remembered how much he loved it in a different episode.
Um, what?

Performance-wise, nothing touches the corvette for anywhere near its price tag. A 12 year old $20k C5 Z06 will still run los around most modern sports cars and a C6 Z06 is virtually untouchable, save for just a small handful of supercars. Like em or not, you can't deny the immense bang for the buck. I would take one over any modern Ferrari in a heartbeat.

You can soon regret that, it's not just Clarksons rants, it does lack quite some refinement. Burnouts and drifts are all fun and such, but the roar of everything and shunts from pulling off the line tire you out. Somec can ignore this, some can't.

I don't think the C7 has been reviewed on the show yet. The magazine loves it though, so it will be really interesting to see what the show says when/if they get around to reviewing it.

You can soon regret that, it's not just Clarksons rants, it does lack quite some refinement. Burnouts and drifts are all fun and such, but the roar of everything and shunts from pulling off the line tire you out. Somec can ignore this, some can't.

It's not something one would daily anyways so it's not that serious. I do agree with LeVeL for what you pay for it, it really is in a class of its own.

Performs the same? What are you smoking? They are only similar in the quarter mile. Get on a twisty road and the vette will be long gone.

Maybe I misinterpreted a bit. Still, it's not that amazing of a car.

Around here they congregate at a local chevy dealer on Sunday mornings. Probably talking about Metamucil or something.

I want to go there and get as close as possible without touching their car just to watch them have an aneurism. I've never met a nice corvette owner. They're all stuck up about who knows what.

I'm not denying it's a great car but, what I can't see is how the corvette costs as much as it does and perform pretty close to the Mustang and Camaro. If you can get almost the same performance out out of something that costs less, why pay more?

I've autocrossed with two different Corvette clubs and I have formed a different opinion of the owners, overall my experience playing with them owas positive. One of my first autocrosses was at a PCA meet, even though it was open to everyone they made sure to make us non Porsche owners feel unwelcomed, that and where I grew up (South Florida) did nothing to change my opinion of most Porsche owners.