WikiLeaks strikes again -- U.S. diplomacy stripped naked

What they didn't mention was that said top speed was unloaded and with no payload (No missiles, bombs, external tanks etc). But the most important key detail that most of the "critics" have ignored is the F-35's stealth capability. In a hypothetical dog fight, the JAS would have an AMRAAM or JSM coming for it before it ever detected the F-35. Which makes it a better air superiority fighter than anything short of the F-22. The F-35 is a multi role fighter, not a dedicated bomber or air superiority fighter.

The F-35 isn't said to have stealth, it's said to have "stealth capabilities". Which is different. Better than no stealth ability, but it's not really an F-22 or a B2.

LOLing at the current state of affairs with the US striking down wikileaks.org ...
It's just bullshit political posturing. They're not actually able to stop anything, so they'll huff and puff ... and bring even more attention to the matter.

I think this i scaremongering. Especially if you are a student at SIPA, ignoring WikiLeaks shows nothing but that you are not good at your job. No government agency in it's right mind will not employ a candidate who is highly qualified and political reliable otherwise just because he tweeted the "Caucasus Wedding" cable.
As hajj said, the State Dept claims that linking wikileaks shows an inability to handle confidential material. Nevermind how idiotic that is considering this information is now the public domain. As a State Dept (or prospective) employee, you'd be a fool not to look at this stuff.

Wikileaks FTMFW!

Also, this thread = 5 stars, will read again! A+

And, lol at mpicco pwning the butthurt wooflepoof on the topic of jet fighters. :lol:

:rolleyes: except that he didnt

don+t+feed+the+troll

Last edited:
Why bother going to the expense of setting up a Government Department of Censorship and Intimidation when business will do the work voluntarily and for free?

Another question for everybody here- do you support the idea of Wikileaks leaking any sort of documents/data on private companies (including companies listed on the stock exchange)? Personally, I don't- I think there is enough transparency for private companies through things like annual reports, financial statements, etc.

i'm very much for the publication of any government information. For instance, what still needs to be leaked is some financial data from the different governmental bodies. How are the hundreds of billions of dollars of war money spent would be a good start.

But I'm not so convinced about publication of stuff on private companies, because the consequences could be much more significant. Let's assume they leak some explosive stuff on a large bank (I think BoA is the rumored candidate), the market gets spooked and the bank goes under, the financial markets seize up again - lack of trust, investors won't know which bank will not go under in the near future, banks can't roll-over their short term financing, and without this financing banks will stop extending loans, as a result companies will stop investing and a global crisis mark II is here.

Although realistically, I think the chances are that it's going to be just emails of the management talking shit, which could result in some lawsuits and several people axed. Well, who knows.

Last edited:
i'm very much for the publication of any government information. For instance, what still needs to be leaked is some financial data from the different governmental bodies. How are the hundreds of billions of dollars of war money spent would be a good start.

But I'm not so convinced about publication of stuff on private companies, because the consequences could be much more significant. Let's assume they leak some explosive stuff on a large bank (I think BoA is the rumored candidate), the market gets spooked and the bank goes under, the financial markets seize up again - lack of trust, investors won't know which bank will not go under in the near future, banks can't roll-over their short term financing, and without this financing banks will stop extending loans, as a result companies will stop investing and a global crisis mark II is here.

Although realistically, I think the chances are that it's going to be just emails of the management talking shit, which could result in some lawsuits and several people axed. Well, who knows.

wait don't your departments release their financial information? ours all have to do annual reports etc that talk about their annual expenditure

UK officially the US's bitch. We already knew it but it's amusing to read on the UK paranoia about not being "special" anylonger :D
Conservatives promised to run 'pro-American regime'

Which makes this all the more amusing! Spanish PM helped GE beat Rolls-Royce to helicopter deal
The UK was screwed over, illustrating how the special relationship is purely one-way.

Now todays TIME cover!
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/12/05/20101213_400.jpg

Cowards.

Stalin would be pleased.

:rolleyes: except that he didnt
I take it you acknowledge that he did with that striked text. Because he did you know.

Last edited:
As hajj said, the State Dept claims that linking wikileaks shows an inability to handle confidential material. Nevermind how idiotic that is considering this information is now the public domain. As a State Dept (or prospective) employee, you'd be a fool not to look at this stuff.

That's what they say ("Inability to handle confidential information"). I think it's a bluff to try to keep people from linking cables in social networks. This side of a prior conviction for a felony, there are very few "red flags" per se when it comes to screening the backgrounds of prospective government employees.
No brilliantly-suited candidate with the only negative coming up on his background scan being a Wikileaks link will not be employed cause of this. Stating "i strongly believe all classified government information should become public" at the same time - that's another thing ;)

UK officially the US's bitch. We already knew it but it's amusing to read on the UK paranoia about not being "special" anylonger :D[/url]

Yeah, would be shocking, if Britain was a normal country like all others in Europe...

But they're not alone. Britain is not the only country that tries to stand out of the rest by kissing the USA's butt. Problem is, that the USA have no interest in equal partnership, they are only interested in dominance...

Last edited:
Last edited:
He likes the idea, but he sort of wished they came during Dubyas watch. Then he could use it to patch up things when he got into office. He'd be in a very good position to do just that, in fact.

I guess the official idea is that this is something for the secretary of state.

I take it you acknowledge that he did with that striked text. Because he did you know.

I decided I wasn't going to feed the troll any further, and no he really didn't.

Last edited:

Chomsky denied the fact that Pol Pot killed anyone in large numbers. He went one to say those that were killed were enemies of the people or what have you. Since the truth has come out he has been trying to weasel his way out of what he said. I respect the man for his work in Anthropology, but he is a colossal douche in every other regard.

Yeah, would be shocking, it Britain was a normal country like all others in Europe...

But they're not alone. Britain is not the only country that tries to stand out of the rest by kissing the USA's butt. Problem is, that the USA have no interest in equal partnership, they are only interested in dominance...
Is this what it feels like to have sycophants? Because it's not redeeming as you'd think it would be.