Will buy a car this fall...suggestions?

buy this
detomasogt560th.jpg.w300h227.jpg

or this:
grpaescocossie.jpg

Very clean car.

I've read that parts for the 190E are difficult to find, expensive, and that the car is very unreliable, and it sucked even when it was new.

Whoever wrote that needs to put down the crackpipe. They are sadly mistaken.

190E parts are relatively cheap, easy to find on the internet or in foreign-car-parts stores here in the US, and they were great little cars. I'm driving a 93 190E 2.6 for the month while my Jaguar is having the transmission upgraded from a 3 speed auto to a 4 speed overdrive auto (and while I'm waiting for my next Pathfinder to be ready for pickup).

See the Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/190E

It's #10 on the top ten list of best Mercedes ever.

Also, check out the 190-specific forum. 190 Revolution: http://community.190revolution.net/

Been busy driving and working and loving my mass transit free commute!!!

Finally, pics for you guys. I will post more in the my car section and will post here to let you know when they are up, I will try this weekend, with interior shots too.

the second to last pic has a sticker on the trunk with "alpine motors". it has been quickly removed.

I got this plate frame and haven't put it on yet, will do so this weekend to get rid of those dumb dealer license frame plates.

Congratulations on the purchase, it looks great. Now, get the windows tinted to protect the interior from the sun and swap out the lights for the Euro ones.

Great looking car! Any interior shots?

One tip though, get euro headlamps for the thing, they give you better vision at night, and look a lot better without any weird black egdes.

And for the 190E, the first few years were crap indeed, but the early 90s 190Es are very good, but it still pays to take a look at the service history. (I will pick up my 1990 190E with full service history this afternoon)

Very nice clean car - really great choice - and please change those lights when you can, to European eyes at least, they are sooo weird looking - spoils the whole front end.

Could be worse - here's what they first shipped to the US with (because of our boneheaded regulations):

73c9_4.JPG

Every bad car has it's fans too. There are people who think the Yugo and Ford Taurus are godlike.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just not convinced.

And welcome to the club.:thumbup:

Adunaphel, Austere and now JustinSyder in the club of Mercedes-Benz owners.

Thanks guys! I love to just look at it for a few seconds after I park it. I really love the car and it cost me $8600 when it was said and done. 54059k miles on it and 291 additional from what I added on.

I changed the crap license plate frame for Benz ones which give it a cleaner, simpler and classy look.

Before

IMG_1304.jpg

After

IMG_1306.jpg

interior shots,

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

I have more pics that Ill post in the my car section, Ill post here when the thread is up.

I have friends with those things - they go forever - you'll be very happy with it - congrats!