Will Microsoft copy the wii wand?

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
will they?

can't be hard to do because the basics are simple. just morph a 360 controller into a different shape and add motion sensors, there you go!

what do you all think of this?

Why? The 360 controller does not need any gimmicks to be effective. I would say that there's no need to copy Sony and Nintendo for this generation.

The motion sensing controllers haven't proven themselves in the market, and the 360 controllers, being more standard, are of a proven design.

There's nothing wrong with the design of the 360 controller (I would rate it far ahead of the ps2's)

Depens how successful Wii is. If it is (and I bet it will be, over in Europe especially) then I can see MS copying it like the hacks they are - look how derivative (and yet badly-done) the Zune design is compared to the iPods. I will grant the XBox team will be better in the execution tho'

hahahahahha, let me guess apple is the most original company in the world?

Ok. This will not happen. xbox controllers need no gimmicks at this point. They feel great in your hands and I doubt that Msoft will bother messing with something so effective.

Microsoft really learned their lesson after the original Xbox's original behemoth passing itself off as a gaming device, but the minuscule white and black buttons on the next one were fiendishly irritating. I kept on thinking they were Start/Select buttons...:?

That's why I'm glad the Xbox 360 controller is really quite intuitive and comfortable to use. Even if it's rather similar to the PS2's layout: the dual triggers with the small buttons on top sure seem familiar, don't they? Feels like a bigger, more solid Dualshock, and the wireless works great.

So they definitely don't need to copy the Wii, as cool as that is. I can't wait to try out the Wii and see what shooting games on there are like!

I tried the Wii today at a shopping centre! Played some fantasty game and a tennis game. It's really cool actually, more a part of the game instead of just sitting there with a full hand controller. I did notice the slightest delay between me moving the wand and then this being replicated on screen but apart from that, very very cool!

yeah I found a similar problem Watto, what shops did you play it at? (I think they still have one at Eastland, not sure about Chirnside park. Knox has one setup AFAIK)

It almost felt as if you're playing on a dialup connection at some points (perhaps the batteries were going flat or something?)

true, but this is microsoft remember. if something's popular they usually try to copy it...

It's only a matter of time, I read somewhere recently that Sony will be looking a similar device for the PS3 sometime down the track...

That's what the sixaxis is, dude. That's sony ripping off the design that nintendo had in place for quite a while. Not really that surprising.