• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Will the Veyron blitz the Top Gear Track?

Will the Veyron blitz the Top Gear Track?

• Total voters

Ultra_Kool_Dude

AWESOME!!!111ONE
Car(s)
POWERR!!!
It probably won't be featured on the upcoming series of Top Gear, but nevertheless, I can't help speculating...

Will the Veyron be the fastest around the Top Gear track?

I don't think so. Sheer power just won't cut it and even though we don't really know how it handles, i personally believe that nimbler cars will beat it on that particular track.

my guess is that it will be quicker than anything on the track but it won't be that much quicker... I believe the Veyron's main advantage is Top speed which is not really needed on TG Track... but I believe it corners pretty well as well

have you guys read the test drives that people have taken with it? the veyron isnt a race car. i can guarantee you it wont be the fastest around the track

i say its time will be around 1min 23sec

I agree with the previous post. Sheer power does not equal a fast time around the track. Just having the fastest top speed doesn't make it the best.

I mean look at the Viper. Massive top speed...but corners like a brick on wheels.

A perfect example of this on the TG test track is the Koenigsegg. It may have been the fastest car in the world and cost a dump truck full of cash, but there are plenty of cars, that cost a hell of a lot less, that are faster round the track.

I mean technically we are talking fractions of seconds here, but there is still a difference. :lol:

No, too heavy. It's not a race car, it's a long distance cruiser.

Janus said:
I mean look at the Viper. Massive top speed...but corners like a brick on wheels.

it doesnt corner good because its always sideways :lol:

ps: it was only .5seconds slower then the M3 CSL and thats a damn good handling car

Funny this topic pops up now, I was thinking this not 30 minutes ago as my Golf took me on a journey through the back streets to pick my sister up from school :p

My answer is: NO!

Too heavy, not a race car and it'll flounder at the Hammerhead.

I'm gonna put my money on "yes".

That sheer grunt is gonna give it some hell round the corners but it'll pay dividends around the track

Just hope stiggy can keep it in a straight line :unsure:

I'm going ot go out on a limb and say that it's going ot be faster. I think with AWD, those massive tyres and all that grunt, it's going to shoot out of the corners like no other car. True, the ultimate corner speed won't be as high as cars like the MC12, Enzo and CGT, but I think the acceleration will make up for it. I mean, 0-62 in 2.46 secs is simply astonishing for any road-going car.

If it can really do 0-60mph in 2.4 seconds, you have to think it's going to be making up a full second on the Enzo/MC12 on every straight - so I think it will be faster.

'No' vote here - yes it will fly down the straights, but it will also have to brake earlier due to all that speed and weight, and I'm not convinced it can out-corner an Enzo or MC12 - will be fun to see it try though.

Janus said:
A perfect example of this on the TG test track is the Koenigsegg. It may have been the fastest car in the world and cost a dump truck full of cash, but there are plenty of cars, that cost a hell of a lot less, that are faster round the track.

The Koengignsesgn isn't AWD through, and it isn't in quite the same league of "WTF?" power outputs.

I'm pretty sure the Veyron will at the very least match the SLR, if not beat the Enzo/MC12.

Veyron is 2 heavy and you can never use full throttle around the track. i reckon its gonna understeer with all that weight.

Waaay too heavy. It will be probably in the top 5, but definitely not #1.

awd :)

/edit

they may have the same prob as with the enzo... finding someone to lend one to them. I don't see VW sending one out, specialy after they had this whole press thing in Italy.

i think it will be close. it wont do bad but it wont do amazing

remember Zonda vs Lambo, lambo cornered better according to clarkson, but the zomba got a hell of a better lap because it made it up in the straights.

But i agree, it's more of a GT, and will probably be the best time of its class