Will there be a season 2?

Will there be a season 2?

• Total voters

Formula Stig

Car(s)
is a bike
Well?

Have your say, based on what you've seen will there be a season 2?

And as a kicker, do you think the NBC execs are waiting to hear how much AUS is or isn't roasted before they try to air it in the states and make changes accordingly?

I hope so.
It's not perfect but i think it will grow, and become very good if they give the show enough time.

I hope so, it's still much better than most of the crap they make here

I caught five minutes of another australian show called "packed to the rafters" good lord it's awful

If it was on one of the main commercial channels, it would already be gone. As it stands, it will have to pick up more viewers by the end of the series for SBS to justify the spend. The first episode really damaged the show - I've spoken to a lot of people who struggled through 15 minutes of it & then gave up & haven't bothered with the next 2 episodes. Painful & cringeworthy are the main terms tossed around - if that's a viewer's first impression, you're going to struggle to get them to have another look.

I hope it survives, but I expect it to get axed before series 2.:( While I don't agree with the sentiment of "Crikey mates this thing is horrible, no way", I voted for that as I can't see it surviving.

Season 2 is already comfirmed. there is another thread on it already

But that was said right after episode 1 where they thought they would be getting 900 000 + people each episode. Now that its only getting around 650 000 and last in the timeslot they would probably reconsider that choice.

I'd say that it most likely is going to get cut as I cant see how it will get enough viewers due to the first impressions and current consensus by most people that its bad.

Top Gear Australia still gets around double the ratings of the next highest rating program and for the network that has always been in last place, that isn't going to be an issue for them.

SBS have no reason not to keep going, they have put too much money into the program to let it only have one season and there is a lot of potential in the show.

I'd put quite a bit of money on at least 4 series, even if the show gets a budget cut.

I'd like an inbetween option on the poll, like "allrighty then" because I would like to see a 2nd season, but I wouldn't die if there never came to be one...

Yes there will - and deservedly so. We've only had three episodes, it's going to take longer than that to hone the team & product - I'm sure SBS are fully aware of that.

To put this into context, a solid audience of 600-700k for SBS is actually pretty decent by SBS standards. Bear in mind that Freehand/BBC could easily use/sell TGA in overseas markets, mainly on cable TV but still ... there's going to be at least a niche international market for TGA out there.

I can't see TGA getting axed for a while.

There will be a second season because for the network its being aired on (SBS), its doing quite well. That said, I don't know exactly how much SBS has invested into Top Gear Australia but I still think they will find it a good investment even if the ratings aren't quite what they hoped for.

^ I thought I read somewhere that it was costing about AU$300,000 per episode. Probably less than Clarkson, Hammond and May (alone) take for each episode of TGUK.

Well?

Have your say, based on what you've seen will there be a season 2?

And as a kicker, do you think the NBC execs are waiting to hear how much AUS is or isn't roasted before they try to air it in the states and make changes accordingly?

NBC could care less, Its the BBC that owns the world now. either way bro, TG US will happen and there is no stopping it. i cant wait. if TGA can so can we!

NBC could care less, Its the BBC that owns the world now. either way bro, TG US will happen and there is no stopping it. i cant wait. if TGA can so can we!

No, NBC producers will tweak the show as they see fit. TG USA will see the air in some form at some point. But TV execs are smart enough to see what everyone says here about Australia and see how that dovetails with their show and adjust as necessary.

Jump on that Tampa Bay bandwagon recently "bro?"

Whilst I agree that so far the series has not had the best start I think, over time, it will really develop into something on par with the UK version. As it was raised in previous threads - whilst the presenters dont seem as fluid as Clarkson, Hammond and May it will only be a matter of time - by the end of Season One I would presume Season Two would be certified yes- expecting the viewing figures warrant the new season that is.

Only if they follow in the tradition of proper TG... and replace Boycie in series 2.