Will you boycott the show? I will.

Will you boycott the show? I will.

• Total voters
Whatever the BBC do with Top Gear, I will not boycott it because its stupid, petty and childish. I will give it a chance and see if I like it. If I don't like it, no real consequence I was barely watching Top Gear as it was anyway. I think I seen like 3 of the 7 episodes this series live on BBC Two.

Frankly tho', many fans are stupid, petty and childish and will make good on their threat to boycott it no matter what, causing Top Gear to die.

I doubt James, Richard and Andy would continue unless they were given a direct approval of Jeremy to do so (I kind of see it from James' statement). And I don't even think they considered it as an option.

Anyway, I miss the option "I'd try but probably won't enjoy it".

Last edited:
Whatever the BBC do with Top Gear, I will not boycott it because its stupid, petty and childish. I will give it a chance and see if I like it. If I don't like it, no real consequence I was barely watching Top Gear as it was anyway. I think I seen like 3 of the 7 episodes this series live on BBC Two.

Frankly tho', many fans are stupid, petty and childish and will make good on their threat to boycott it no matter what, causing Top Gear to die.

I don't care about top Gear just as I don't care about 5th gear. What I DO care about is a show that, unlike all the other tripe, is done in an intelligent way and isn't an obvious bland piece of crap made by uninteresting grey puppets. It just so happens that this TG mixes TWO things I like, interesting people/characters AND cars, but I'd watch them without the cars as well and I'd not watch a car program without interesting folks. Remove the interesting duo (I'm not a fan of Hammond) and there's nothing left.

The boys could make a show about shower curtain rings and I'd watch it, I'll watch anything May does because I like his attitude and approach to things.

That doesn't mean I'm actively boycotting it, it just means that (realistically) the chance of them finding a new bunch of folks that I'd actually like watching, while at the same time not being a cringe worthy rip off, is close to zero.

Last edited:
As much as I want to boycott not only the new Top Gear, but also BBC in general, that goes against the reason why I started watching Top Gear in the first place. Its because of the cars, not the person reviewing them. I'm not saying I don't watch it for Jeremy, Richard and James but what I'm trying to say is, when I first saw Top Gear I didn't even know who these people were. For me it was just a car show that used to come on TV the time I returned from school. It was later that I got deeper and deeper into the show and finally to where I am today.

So anyway, conclusion is: I will indeed give new Top Gear a chance.

Same thing happened with Top Gear USA. At first I did not want to watch it because I though, like almost everyone else, that America has got nothing on the British TG and it will be crap. But once I started watching it I started liking it. I hope the same thing happens with this new TG.

I won't. Well, I'll give it a chance. what's done is done, so by not viewing something I'd otherwise enjoy, it's only me who is losing out. Fwiw, I voted in the other poll that he should have been punished but allowed to carry on- reason being that the people who have been punished with this outcome are really the viewers, people who work on the show, and the other presenters. JC may well not care much either way. Given his health, who knows how long it would have gone on anyway...

To be brutally honest: Since the BBC nuked this site (even though the TG crew allegedly appreciated what Final Gear did) I dont really care about my once beloved Top Gear any more in protest of the BBC's actions. I do realize that it wasnt the TG crews fault, but what else am I supposed to do?

So I wont boycott TG now because that is what I am already doing.
However, Im not sure the BBC even cares about TG's proper audience because they have always placed it on a lower priority than Snooker and rubbish like that.
And a large number of people will still be watching the successor to Top Gear anyway because its called "Top Gear" and its "that thing that everybody watches" so the money will be rolling in regardless...

I would definitely give a new carshow by the TG blokes (in case it happens) a try though.

I disagree. There's only one side of the story released (by the BBC). No one just goes on a punching rampage for no reason. Clearly there was provocation and everyone is hiding it.

The BBC is a very large organisation, there are lots of different parts of the BBC doing lots of different things. BBC News is very independent of much of the rest of the organisation and BBC Scotland is a beast in itself.

That's why it might look weird to see BBC News report on the BBC and say things like "nobody from the BBC was available to comment" but think of it as two separate organisations within one.

Which is why to say the report, by the BBC, into his actions is one sided is wrong. It was one part of the BBC (separate to the Top Gear or DG part) doing a detailed report of everything that happened from all sides) for another part to review it.

If it was one sided it would only include comments from the producer and the director of television. But I very much expect it would also include responses from Clarkson, Wilman and anyone else there on the day - including hotel staff.

As much as I want to boycott not only the new Top Gear, but also BBC in general, that goes against the reason why I started watching Top Gear in the first place. Its because of the cars, not the person reviewing them. I'm not saying I don't watch it for Jeremy, Richard and James but what I'm trying to say is, when I first saw Top Gear I didn't even know who these people were. For me it was just a car show that used to come on TV the time I returned from school. It was later that I got deeper and deeper into the show and finally to where I am today.

So anyway, conclusion is: I will indeed give new Top Gear a chance.
This actually describes my situation almost exactly. So I think I will also give the new format a try.

Of course I'll watch it, to see if it's entertaining enough for me to keep on watching. I don't see any point in not watching it unless somehow my non-viewing were to become part of a ratings survey. Since I'm not, my viewing or not viewing won't make a blind bit of difference and my 'protest vote' won't make any difference to anyone.

Much like TG USA, I will watch it and if it sucks I will stop...You never know, it could work out ? Doubt it, but..yeah i'm kidding myself, it's going to suck, it will last one season....

I will watch if Richard or James and Richard remain. Otherwise, no. Not that I'd be boycotting, I just wouldn't have any interest if none of the 3 guys that made the show what it is are still there.

Whatever they come up with i'll at least give it a shot. if it's crap i'll stop watching if it isn't i'll carry on.

I won't boycott it, I'm just pretty sure I won't enjoy it enough to watch it, so same end result I guess.

Since both James and Richard said they won't continue without Jeremy, whatever show the BBC will make will be 'not Top Gear'. So no point in boycotting it....

I'd be willing to give it a chance even without Richard and James, mainly out of curiosity to see what it's like.

Last edited:
Since both James and Richard said they won't continue without Jeremy, whatever show the BBC will make will be 'not Top Gear'. So no point in boycotting it....

What did Richard say? Have a link to a quote or interview?