Wimbledon 2009

I have to go with the american no matter how big an underdog he is, Roddick in 4; 7-6, 4-6, 7-6, 6-3.

YEAAAAA RODDDIIIICCCKKKKKKK!!!!

hes really proving himself this year, and he really wants another slam title. While I dont think he can do it against Federer, I think itll go 4 long sets or 5 sets. Roddick wants it more than any other time hes ever played federer.

What I find extremely surprising is the fact that Federer's fame and popularity hasn't seemingly been affected by this dominating: Sampras, who wasn't nearly as devastating, wasn't that liked when was winning. Sampras lost at least once in a while whereas Federer just goes on and on and on....and yet, his popularity is only increasing ?!? I really don't get it.

Thats just because of his personality. I didnt watch pete at all, cause I was too young, but after hearing fed speak...you just cant hate him.

I can't see Roddick taking this one, as much as I want him to. Not that I don't like Federer, I just like Roddick more. Federer in 5 sets, the 5th being 6-2 or 6-3.

yeaaa im placing some money on this match. But not on roddick winning.

I think itll be Fed in 4, im bettin on set scores mainly though.

Andy.....what the fuck man :cry:

4 set points.....2 of them on your own serve....79% 1st serves in before the tie break and now this....

I am not feeling so confident anymore, these are the moments when Federer usually steps up and begins to dominate. Why.....just......why....??

Edit: *sigh* Federer leads 2-1....Roddick put up a good fight, but I don't have it in me to believe Roddick could take this to the fifth, Federer won't let him. That second set tie-break....I still can't believe Roddick just threw it away like that...

Edit2: OMG !!!! Holy crap !!! We are going the distance !!! THIS IS THE SHIT !!!! Go Roddick !! It's now or never, prove me wrong !!

Last edited:
Looks like we'll have a fifth set. Come on Andy!

Federer's stopped looking invincible :blink: This is becoming an incredible set!

There is only one word to describe this, EPIC.

This could go either way right now, there is absolutely nothing in it. Roddick is playing a bit better than Federer at the moment, but the Swiss is serving out of this world right now; I haven't seen him serve like this in two-three years.

It doesn't take anything right now....one double fault, couple of unforced errors, and it's all over. This is just grueling to watch.

Last edited:
Jeez it's taking forever. Somebody get broken already!

Federer should take it now, Roddick is having issues holding serve and Federer is holding easily.

Fuck Yeah!! Federer is the man!!

Victory to Federer. 4 and a half hours of sporting gold. Feel sorry for Roddick.

Well...that's it. This is one of those matches where nobody should lose; both players gave everything and especially Roddick left everything he had on the court, he would have deserved this at least as much as Federer, if not more.

There were no losers today, and the biggest winner was the game of tennis. Absolutely fantastic.

Fuckin' A...16-14 last set...Amazing game, Roddick looked much better than he ever did and I do feel bad for him, but this is history in the making.

Loved every minute of this tournament.

It was an epic match and I'm sorry Andy had to lose like that, however I predict Roddick wins either the Australian or US open and I wouldn't be shocked if he won both.

edit: I also got the 1st and 4th set score correctly predicted.

Last edited:
I'll be completely honest here, and I'm not trying to troll or something I'm just putting my opinion out there and you guys have the right to either agree or disagree.

I've been exposed to the greats since I was a kid. I was big fan of Sampras (I used to call him "Puppy Sampras" when I was 5 because he always used to stick his tongue out after each point). I loved Steffi Graf matches, as well as Andre Agassi, Goran Ivanisevic, Mark Phillipoussis and so on. I've even watched Bjorg matches just to see some of the classics.

So recent tennis and it's players really haven't hit me as much as the former greats.

So when I saw this match I was on the edge of my seat, well couch, waiting for Roddick to break Fed. Not so and Roger won.

You cannot believe my disappointment.

To me, Fed is the princess of tennis. He has a gold and white bag with RF written on it, and a matching track jacket, he has no sense of humility or modesty when he gives his speeches. So IMO, he doesn't deserve anything more than recognition of the number. In fact I'm sure if Nadal was playing sans injuries, there would be a good chance that Fed would not have won this. Sampras is still superior to Fed in my opinion. He made the game fun and open for kids (I mean I was a youngster when I watched him and that got me excited about tennis), he had some sense of decency, and he was an overall exemplary player. Fed doesn't even come close to touching these aforementioned kings and queens of tennis.

That said this match was still the most epic I've ever seen. That end game was ridiculous. You felt like every time Fed took a game, Rod was going to lose it, and then he'd even it out. This just progressed on and on without (almost) any deuces and they were playing their A+ game. I cannot believe they were smacking aces left and right at this juncture. I thoroughly enjoyed it and when A-rod was given his trophy, I gave him a standing ovation. Sure Roddick has been kind of all about himself as well in the past, but he gave it his all in this match and his concession speech was both funny, emotional, and modest. He's grown and matured. I can definitely appreciate that.

*awaits the flood of people disagreeing and yelling at him*