Wimbledon 2009

You cannot believe my disappointment.

To me, Fed is the princess of tennis. He has a gold and white bag with RF written on it, and a matching track jacket, he has no sense of humility or modesty when he gives his speeches. So IMO, he doesn't deserve anything more than recognition of the number. In fact I'm sure if Nadal was playing sans injuries, there would be a good chance that Fed would not have won this. Sampras is still superior to Fed in my opinion. He made the game fun and open for kids (I mean I was a youngster when I watched him and that got me excited about tennis), he had some sense of decency, and he was an overall exemplary player. Fed doesn't even come close to touching these aforementioned kings and queens of tennis.

You can not believe how much I agree with you on this one. I have always thought, and still do that Federer, while being perhaps the most complete tennis player of all time, is a pompous, self righteous, fake elitist twat. He very rarely gives credit to his opponents when he loses, only says he played badly and makes up excuses (even his own die hard fans admit this)....the smug smile he always has makes me want to punch his teeth out and my god the man has absolutely no sense of style: last year's Wimbledon earned him the nickname "Captain Cardigan" which was by no means a compliment but this year just took the cake: the white/gold manpurse thingy, the silly clothes, RF monogram in every fucking thing he has, even the plastic bags in which the racquets are after stringing have "RF": how tasteless is that !!

And oh my god he had the number 15 embroidered on his tracksuit....seriously, how much more arrogant could he possibly get ?!?

Why can't there be more people like Ivanisevic, Agassi, Safin, Kuerten: genuine. loveable personalities. Sampras was not very liked because he was, and still is, a very private person and kept his personal life to himself - exactly the reason why I admire him the most of all the players ever to have held a racquet.

I don't care how good a player is; I can only support players I like and that takes a lot more than fancy tricks with a racquet - it takes character and personality. The very reason I don't like Kimi R?ikk?nen very much, even if he is a fellow Finn.

I was rooting for Andy all the way today, he has worked so hard and taken a lot of hate and stick during his career, he fought through a 5 setter with Hewitt and 4 extremely tight sets with Murray, gave absolutely everything he had today, showing heart and spirit, dispite the odds everyone gave him. He was even more deserving of the title today then Roger was.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
That smug arrogance that Fed-Ex has is why I cheer so much for him. Why give others credit when you're so much better than they are?

And oh my god he had the number 15 embroidered on his tracksuit....seriously, how much more arrogant could he possibly get ?!?

Why can't there be more people like Ivanisevic, Agassi, Safin, Kuerten: genuine. loveable personalities. Sampras was not very liked because he was, and still is, a very private person and kept his personal life to himself - exactly the reason why I admire him the most of all the players ever to have held a racquet.

It's so classless to have all that shit embroidered and tattoo'd everywhere.

You know what John McEnroe and Fed didn't realize? Steffi has won 23 grand slams. Twenty freaking three. John sits there shoving the mic in Sampras's face and has the nerve to ask "Is federer the greatest player in Tennis", and to which Pete, poor guy, responded "If you go by the numbers". Which isn't true. I guess they mean men, but if we talk overall, Steffi is #1.

He can never reach Steffi's pedestal, I don't care how many tracksuits and dildos he makes with numbers on them, he will never reach her.

The other thing he never conceded to is Nadal's epic win of the 3 opens last year. That's why I root for Nadal, he is the one that is able to keep Fed in his place. I even remember that humiliating match where Nadal beat him what 6-3, 6-1 etc? Unbreakable my friend.

I apologize to the Fed fans here, I'm sure you guys must be getting annoyed but if it consoles you somehow. My dad completely disagrees with me, and loves Federer. My mom and I on the other hand don't and so the arguments rise up at home :p

It's so classless to have all that shit embroidered and tattoo'd everywhere.

You know what John McEnroe and Fed didn't realize? Steffi has won 23 grand slams. Twenty freaking three. John sits there shoving the mic in Sampras's face and has the nerve to ask "Is federer the greatest player in Tennis", and to which Pete, poor guy, responded "If you go by the numbers". Which isn't true. I guess they mean men, but if we talk overall, Steffi is #1.

He can never reach Steffi's pedestal, I don't care how many tracksuits and dildos he makes with numbers on them, he will never reach her.

The other thing he never conceded to is Nadal's epic win of the 3 opens last year. That's why I root for Nadal, he is the one that is able to keep Fed in his place. I even remember that humiliating match where Nadal beat him what 6-3, 6-1 etc? Unbreakable my friend.

I apologize to the Fed fans here, I'm sure you guys must be getting annoyed but if it consoles you somehow. My dad completely disagrees with me, and loves Federer. My mom and I on the other hand don't and so the arguments rise up at home :p

First off, I have to disagree with you on one thing: you can never comapre mens and womens tennis. Ever. They are completely different games, and the slam count doesnt transcend the mens/womans border. Now, that aside...I pretty much agree with everything else youve said.

As much as I hate to admit it, you summed up teh growing thoughts ive been having about Federer in your earlier post. He was very polite, when he was atop the board, but as soon as he lost the aussie open in 08 he has become a different person. He cant take losing. Its hard, yeah, but when he loses he talks so much worse about everything, himself and the other player.

As for his outfit...Im sure it is something Nike throws at him, but he is still a douche for wearing it. thats the cockiest thing he does, is come out at centercourt wearing a vest and pants with 5, now 6, stars on it.

And Some of the things he says, esp when he was #1 (and he is now again) were came off as extremely douchey. A couple weeks ago before Wimby, he said (reffering to nadals loss) that Rafa was perfectly fine, that he can tell when rafas injured, and that he wasnt hurt at all at the French. Which obviously wasnt the case or he wouldnt have puleld out of his next 2 tournaments! That was just such a wrong thing to say, I think that pushed Fed over the likabl/non-likable edge for me.

I used to hate Roddick for some of the same reasons, he used to pout after losing, and boooy did he lose a lot. It was as if he would lose, then after the game wonder why he lost, like it was jsut bad luck.

But that has all changed this year. He has a new humbleness, and respect. He even said earlier this year that he doesnt deserve to be talked about with Murray Djok Fed and Nadal, since he hasnt been in a major final in so many years. (Of course that has cahanged now). I like the way he talks now, hes not cocky anymore and you can tell he really wants it. Thats why he got so far in this match, and thats why I think hell win one of the next 2 slams. With his game on hard court he can take out Djok easily, Murray if he plays well, and Rafa and Roger if he plays another extraordaniry match, as he showed today.

As for my fav. player, it has and probably will be for a long time Rafa. He is always so humble and caring, off the court hes the nicest person you'll ever meet (according to 3rd party sources, not personal exp of course). Its just on the court that he's a BEAST!

And he is just so mentally tough! I seriously believe that he wasnt hurt at all byhis French open loss mentally, the way he thinks its just another tourney. Its just the media that make it seem that HE feels he is teh most dominant clay courter. its evident by any and all of his interviews that this isnt the case though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
As for his outfit...Im sure it is something Nike throws at him, but he is still a douche for wearing it. thats the cockiest thing he does, is come out at centercourt wearing a vest and pants with 5, now 6, stars on it.

What's wrong with doing that? Fighter pilots mark their kills and boxers mark their KO counts.

I cannot wait until August 31, I hope Roddick has a great showing at the US Open. However, I don't think a win for him will silence critics since he has won there before, but I think Roddick is playing the best tennis of his career. I am very excited for what September holds for him. I'm glad the men's field is filling out a bit too.

edit: I really wish I knew more about tennis. I have a working knowledge and I played a bit for fun in college, but there seems to be some subtleties in the match I'm missing out on. for example I don't understand how a let is not a fault it seems it should be a fault.

Last edited:
Finally, more people who think Federer is a douche. He shits me to tears especially at the Aus open this year when he couldn't stop crying and thus taking the spotlight off Rafa.

What's wrong with doing that? Fighter pilots mark their kills and boxers mark their KO counts.

yeah its jsut to intimidate and show off. Which is good in the military. but not in tennis.

I cannot wait until August 31, I hope Roddick has a great showing at the US Open. However, I don't think a win for him will silence critics since he has won there before, but I think Roddick is playing the best tennis of his career. I am very excited for what September holds for him. I'm glad the men's field is filling out a bit too.

edit: I really wish I knew more about tennis. I have a working knowledge and I played a bit for fun in college, but there seems to be some subtleties in the match I'm missing out on. for example I don't understand how a let is not a fault it seems it should be a fault.

If you want to know more about tennis id be glad to explain! just start up a thread.

Oh, and a let is the only time a redo is allowed in tennis (well, aside from the decent challenge system on big top tier courts and ball-on-courts). It is because the serve still bounced in the correct box, so it technically is in. But it is unfair to the returner, and it usually happens by chance anyway. So it is a redo.