Windows 7 and XP homegroup

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
How can I get my XP netbook (acer aspire one) to connect to a windows 7 homegroup?

I googled a bunch of solutions and I can't get any of them to work.

I tried the method where I created a new user with a password and then "viewed network places" on the XP netbook and my computer/group wasn't there.

Any of you experienced this issue before? I've also read that it's impossible......:lol:

Homegroups are only supported in windows 7 or higher.

You'll need to share the "old fashioned" way by creating a workgroup.

o_O how do I go about doing that? Do I create a workgroup on the XP machine or the windows 7 machine?

lol why are you using homegroup?

Share some movies that are on desktop so that I can play them on the netbook. How do i make a work group

Share some movies that are on desktop so that I can play them on the netbook. How do i make a work group

From the Windows 7 machine:

Start -> right click computer -> properties. Scroll to computer name and workgroup settings. Choose "change settings" Click through the UAC consent dialog, and click "Change" in the window that opens.

Create a unique workgroup name, click "OK" over and over again to close the windows and bring up the restart dialog. Save your work if necessary and restart the computer.

From the Windows XP machine *make sure you do this from an account with Administrator privileges*:

Start -> control panel -> system and maintenance -> system -> Computer Name tab. Under "Member of" click "workgroup."

Make this name the same as the one on Windows 7. Click Ok to close the windows that you opened until you see the restart dialog. Again, save your work and restart the computer.

From there you'll mark folders you want to share by right clicking them, choosing properties, and clicking the sharing tab.