Windows 7, so who's tried it?

Mil

My install is giving me a blue screen. The damn thing apparently didn't like me trying to install a driver for my graphics card.
Same, I think I'm gonna try unplug everything and try. Got like 5-6 BSoD's during install so far...

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
So...when you're watching a video, you can hit alt+tab, and the little window that pops up that shows the video...playing?
Yup, same goes for win+tab and taskbar preview window. One of the improvements the Aero interface gave us.

Yaco

New York State where there are trees and farms.
Car(s)
No cars at this time but...
So...when you're watching a video, you can hit alt+tab, and the little window that pops up that shows the video...playing?
Yeah, I was watching Top Gear that way for a few minutes just because I thought it was so cool. Try it.

I really think this will be the next Windows Xp with the way this Windows is shaping up. Has anyone done a test with Windows XP vs. Windows 7 (same bit)?

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Yup, Alt+Tab and the little taskbar thumbnails when you hover over the task (Vista did that too IIRC).

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Ugh... that's a feature I wish they'd drop in Win7. It's completely useless.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Same, only thing that seems to be broken. Might be the OEM:s (in my case ASUS) not catching up with the ACPI quite yet.
Which Asus do you have? I have an Eee and the ACPI drivers for it worked on Windows 7.

Yeah, that's exactly it, and it works under Windows Flip too. Instead of getting a static screenshot of the video file, it shows the file playing along. But I'm pretty sure even Vista did this if your video card could handle the highest graphic (Aero) setting.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
Right guys I'm having trouble with my Linsksys wireless WUSB54g adaptor it won't install to my 7 partition?

Cant find any help atall anywhere :(

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
Tried using compatibility mode to run it's software in Vista or XP mode?

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
Meh, win+tab is too slow and requires two hits on the tab key to actually switch between windows, so i'll stick to alt-tabbing.

Last edited:

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
I like alt-tab better... it's like the classic shortcut combo, and I find it easier to cycle through by pressing tab rather than rotating the mouse wheel.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
You can just tap Tab while holding the Windows key.
Interesting... but I have that flip 3D feature set to my middle click anyway so scrolling the wheel is easier.

I'm not sure why I don't like that feature too much... probably because it was a really poor attempt by Microsoft to copy Apple's Expose without actually copying any of the functionality or useability.

I like some of the new window features in W7 though, like the 50/50 split or the updated 'show desktop' button.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Another thing you can do with win+tab is click on the desired window. I do that a lot when the taskbar gets jumbled.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
drag one window to the top left, and one window to the top right of your screen, and both windows will occupy exactly 50% of your screen real estate.