Windows 7, so who's tried it?

drag one window to the top left, and one window to the top right of your screen, and both windows will occupy exactly 50% of your screen real estate.

Oh, I was hoping it was some amazing feature.... never mind.

Just left or right edge of screen. If you drag a window to the top (middle) it will maximise normally.

Oh, I was hoping it was some amazing feature.... never mind.

It's not amazing, but it's somewhat useful if you're on a big screen like I am. I mean you could just arrange them yourself, but it pleases my OCD side to know it's exactly 50 percent per window. :p

And as Ice said, works on either edge, doesn't have to be a corner. But I don't understand the point of dragging a window to the top to maximize it... isn't it just easier to double click the header? You gotta click on the header in either case anyway.

Did somebody say Win+Tab? :D

screenshot1.jpg

^ No big deal, there's some Expose clones for Windows. I don't remember the names, but they're out there.

Went back to XP, and the I still feel it's smoother than build 7100..

Really... how so?

All I notice is that KMPlayer takes longer for me to open in 7 over Vista, but I think that's just because they made KMPlayer more bloated.

Really... how so?

All I notice is that KMPlayer takes longer for me to open in 7 over Vista, but I think that's just because they made KMPlayer more bloated.

It just does oddly boots up faster and everything..

It just does oddly boots up faster and everything..

My old Packard Bell 50 mHz AMD K6-2 processor with Windows 3.1 ran Epic Pinball way better than my current computer does. Doesn't mean that the old computer was the better computer.

...oddly boots up faster and everything..

I guess it depends on your PC.

On my netbook, it takes a hell of a lot longer than XP to boot up and it's probably the most disappointing feature of the whole operating system on that machine. I just hibernate anyway...

But on my desktop it boots up really fast... unless that stupid new recovery screen comes up, which takes ages just to quit.

Windows 7 boots up very fast for me, however I never turn off my PC so I've only booted up Windows 7 a dozen times or so (during initial installs and power loss).

perhaps its time for a PC upgrade?

Not really. I just missed XP, and my system is quite new still maybe next year I'll dish out some money before I hit college :p I wouldn't say 7 is bad, but it has a few kinks still.

q6600 @ 3.1ghz
2x2GB DDR2 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12
DFI X48 Mobo
ATI 4870HD

Meh, they all accomplish the same thing. Put all the windows on screen so you can choose one visually. They just arrange them differently.

A car and your feet do the same thing - get you and your luggage from A to B. They just do it differently.

Uh huh. Except the car will travel about 30 times faster with a fraction of the effort and carry a lot more luggage. It's more like the difference between a Mercedes and a BMW if you want to analogize.

Wow, analogize is legit word. I was pretty sure I just made it up.

I can't be arsed to try this. I fell in love with XP and nothing else I've ever tried has come close. All the UI stuff is great, but it doesn't beat the pure functionality of XP Pro...

Is there anyway I can move the "show desktop" thingy from the bottom right corner to the taskbar?

Is there anyway I can move the "show desktop" thingy from the bottom right corner to the taskbar?

There might be a hack or something, but I definitely haven't found a setting to move it back to the old location.

I like that it's in the corner now, it's easier to click IMO.