Windows 7, so who's tried it?

ya i wish UBC wasnt such a big cash hogging organization so we can actually get free software :\

Well provided they're returning standard Win32 error codes....

Which more than likely means they're choking on your system specs.

erm 98 Gb free :p + 4 Gb memory

How i could be out of space? :?

erm 98 Gb free :p + 4 Gb memory

How i could be out of space? :?

You aren't.

Are you running a 64bit edition?

Either way, some installers are written where they will fail if they attempt to grab a hunk of memory or load a DLL or some other object and the address they get back is outside the bounds of the normal x86 adress range.

I.e. a DLL is expecting to be loaded in a "normal" address range, but it will bomb miserably if it goes outside that range so it will basically default to a "there can't be enough memory because I can't get the address I want" error.

You first might try running the installer in compatability mode (say for Windows XP SP3).

Last edited:
You aren't.

Are you running a 64bit edition?

Either way, some installers are written where they will fail if they attempt to grab a hunk of memory or load a DLL or some other object and the address they get back is outside the bounds of the normal x86 adress range.

I.e. a DLL is expecting to be loaded in a "normal" address range, but it will bomb miserably if it goes outside that range so it will basically default to a "there can't be enough memory because I can't get the address I want" error.

You first might try running the installer in compatability mode (say for Windows XP SP3).

ic, i'm using x64 version of win7 professional

tried that compatability with XP sp2, sp3 vista, vista sp1, vista sp2, server 2003 AND all of em gave the same error :p

win 95 mode complained that the "os isn't supported" :D

Any more thoughts?

to all you peoples with extra free win7s, I can has one? :p

ic, i'm using x64 version of win7 professional

tried that compatability with XP sp2, sp3 vista, vista sp1, vista sp2, server 2003 AND all of em gave the same error :p

win 95 mode complained that the "os isn't supported" :D

Any more thoughts?

Nothing out of bounds in the installer, next likely suggestion is that it's something else is blocking it from installing a component. Try disabling your security software through the installation.

Last edited:
Nothing out of bounds in the installer, next likely suggestion is that it's something else is blocking it from installing a component. Try disabling your security software through the installation.

put the F-secure to offline mode without firewall, and VOI fuking LA.

puff over protective programs, it works now.

I am the only one to notice WiFi problems with the final version of 7? I just installed it and find the connection really unstable unlike the beta.
And same problem with my cousin's PC, we spend some time trying to establish a connection to his access point whereas with the beta it went without problems.

It's been perfect on the laptop for me, unlike the two XP lappies which drop connection every so often.

I'll see if it works better once I get my hands on a copy of Snow Leopard with Boot Camp's 3.0 drivers.

win7 has fixed all the wireless problems ive been having...well since XP. It was a little funky in XP (random disconnects, itd say "NotCOnnected" when it actually was) completely retarted in VIsta, but now seems perfect.

And for my desktop 7 x64 had the wireless driver built in so it works 100%. doesnt crash the system like if did in vista 64.

no wifi issues here :)

even got logmein hamachi work, too bad the school doesn't allowe it :(

Stupid question, and I'm just putting it here because I'll be using 7, but...I don't need any special hardware to run the 64bit OS, right? It's all software?

also ant pentiums or celerons using the core architecture, which would be all of the newer ones, though i could be wrong about the celerons.

So, unless it's an old processor, there isn't a special "i7 64" is there?

All i7s are 64-bit, as are all Core 2s. AMDs are obvious because they slap "64" on the name.