Windows 7, so who's tried it?

please ignore my crappy taste in women and music ;)

What? She's hot and the one song I've heard from Lenka was pretty good, I suppose that's what happens when you hear it on the radio every day. I know I should hate it.

I'll listen to whatever shitty music that is to fondle her hoo-dilly with my wang-diddle.

Preliminary final tally right now (assuming they don't put up more versions later) has me with 2 licenses for 32-bit and 2 licenses for 64-bit professional versions, and one license each for 32 and 64-bit Ultimate which I have on the laptop. I have the keys on hand and they're ready to install. I'll never have to buy any form of 7 at this rate :lol:

Last edited:
Preliminary final tally right now (assuming they don't put up more versions later) has me with 2 licenses for 32-bit and 2 licenses for 64-bit professional versions, and one license each for 32 and 64-bit Ultimate which I have on the laptop. I have the keys on hand and they're ready to install. I'll never have to buy any form of 7 at this rate :lol:

You don't need all of those do you? :D

maybe you could donate some to charity that doesn't have much cash. ;)

I've heard charities like 64-bit.

Wiped Vista off my laptop and installed Windows 7 on it. Working like a champ. :)

Windows Vista on laptop: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so slooow flash ads cause the page to stutter when scrolling etc
Windows 7 on same laptop: loads quicker, much more responsive, flash ads display fine, less tweaking, much improved battery time.

I was especially impressed how Windows started a "You have a problem, I'll identify what it is" and it asked around if anyone knew "Unknown Device" and what he did and eventually a little Window said "A solution has been found!"

Your Toshiba memory card reader does not have any drivers installed!
Click here to download.

And I click there and I get a setup-file, the correct setup-file for my laptop and my memory card reader works.

Yeah, Windows 7 is amazing when it comes to drivers. Vista wasn't bad, but Win7 is even better.

My only gripe now is WMP12. I love WMP11, and 12 is pretty similar, but removes the option to find album info or edit tags. Tried replacing 12 with 11 but that resulted in breaking the 32-bit version. 64-bit still works though. I downloaded an auto-installer, which claims I don't have admin rights, even if I log on as local admin and run it there...

My only gripe now is WMP12. I love WMP11, and 12 is pretty similar, but removes the option to find album info or edit tags. Tried replacing 12 with 11 but that resulted in breaking the 32-bit version. 64-bit still works though. I downloaded an auto-installer, which claims I don't have admin rights, even if I log on as local admin and run it there...
What's WMP? I've never heard of it.

I play all my videos with Media Player Classic Homecimena and music with Winamp.

Your version of 12 must be corrupt or something because both options are there for me in 64-bit RC. I just right click on the missing album label and there's the option to find album info. Hell, right clicking on any song lets me edit.

Just made my $30 pre-order. I got the 32-bit since I plan on putting it on the laptop because I'd rather have to deal with cracks/reinstalls on the HTPC than telling my girlfriend I have to fiddle with her laptop again.

Your version of 12 must be corrupt or something because both options are there for me in 64-bit RC. I just right click on the missing album label and there's the option to find album info. Hell, right clicking on any song lets me edit.

I find the same thing, altough it's inconsistent. I am not allowed to edit tags from all locations in WMP, only selected places (like the library pane), which can lead to confusion.

You don't need all of those do you? :D

maybe you could donate some to charity that doesn't have much cash. ;)

I've heard charities like 64-bit.

Just made my $30 pre-order. I got the 32-bit since I plan on putting it on the laptop because I'd rather have to deal with cracks/reinstalls on the HTPC than telling my girlfriend I have to fiddle with her laptop again.

You can use all keys for either 64 bit or 32 bit. Keys are not linked to that, so there are no 32 bit keys or 64 bit keys. Hell, if you buy win7 as a retail package you get both 64 bit and 32 bit media.

I never really used WMP (Windows Media Player for those that don't know) in previous versions of Windows, but since WMP12 does out of the box streaming to PS3's, I love it. So much better than stupid 3rd party solutions.

And all you have to do is select your PS3 and allow it be shared. And your done. No work arounds, no back doors, nothing.