Windows 7, so who's tried it?

My install is giving me a blue screen. The damn thing apparently didn't like me trying to install a driver for my graphics card.

Same, I think I'm gonna try unplug everything and try. Got like 5-6 BSoD's during install so far...

So...when you're watching a video, you can hit alt+tab, and the little window that pops up that shows the video...playing?

Yup, same goes for win+tab and taskbar preview window. One of the improvements the Aero interface gave us.

So...when you're watching a video, you can hit alt+tab, and the little window that pops up that shows the video...playing?

Yeah, I was watching Top Gear that way for a few minutes just because I thought it was so cool. Try it.

I really think this will be the next Windows Xp with the way this Windows is shaping up. Has anyone done a test with Windows XP vs. Windows 7 (same bit)?

Yup, Alt+Tab and the little taskbar thumbnails when you hover over the task (Vista did that too IIRC).

Win + tab pwns Alt + tab.

Ugh... that's a feature I wish they'd drop in Win7. It's completely useless.

Ugh... that's a feature I wish they'd drop in Win7. It's completely useless.
No harm in having it and it's great eye candy. I mean, it's just fullscreen alt+tab.

Same, only thing that seems to be broken. Might be the OEM:s (in my case ASUS) not catching up with the ACPI quite yet.

Which Asus do you have? I have an Eee and the ACPI drivers for it worked on Windows 7.

Yeah, that's exactly it, and it works under Windows Flip too. Instead of getting a static screenshot of the video file, it shows the file playing along. But I'm pretty sure even Vista did this if your video card could handle the highest graphic (Aero) setting.

I like alt-tab better... it's like the classic shortcut combo, and I find it easier to cycle through by pressing tab rather than rotating the mouse wheel.

I like alt-tab better... it's like the classic shortcut combo, and I find it easier to cycle through by pressing tab rather than rotating the mouse wheel.

You can just tap Tab while holding the Windows key.

You can just tap Tab while holding the Windows key.

Interesting... but I have that flip 3D feature set to my middle click anyway so scrolling the wheel is easier.

I'm not sure why I don't like that feature too much... probably because it was a really poor attempt by Microsoft to copy Apple's Expose without actually copying any of the functionality or useability.

I like some of the new window features in W7 though, like the 50/50 split or the updated 'show desktop' button.

Win + Tab is lame... useless shortcut that isnt really a shortcut.

Alt + Tab is way quicker.

Another thing you can do with win+tab is click on the desired window. I do that a lot when the taskbar gets jumbled.

I like some of the new window features in W7 though, like the 50/50 split or the updated 'show desktop' button.

What is this 50/50 split you speak of? I have had very little interaction with Windows 7 so please do elaborate for me.