Windows 7, so who's tried it?

No the power button doesn't work. It turns the laptop on, but doesn't shut it down ;\

You can adjust what the power button should do if it is pressed (Energy Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Power buttons and lid -> there you go), I suppose in your configuration it's set to "do nothing".

You can adjust what the power button should do if it is pressed (Energy Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Power buttons and lid -> there you go), I suppose in your configuration it's set to "do nothing".

Or you could just open the Start Menu, type power button and hit enter. ;)

Heck, you only need to type power b- and you're good to go.

anyone know if I can turn on an option that allows me to have shortcuts on my "power bar" to the left hand side as on the previous windows xp/ vista etc?

It good :) but don't run it with bootcamp... It crashes when I try to read the mac partition. And yes it still gets viruses

It good :) but don't run it with bootcamp... It crashes when I try to read the mac partition. And yes it still gets viruses

Just because you have troubles it does not mean everyone will. I use Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro quite often without any issues, can read the OS X partition under Windows and the other way around too.