Windows Explorer/My Computer Help

Cruzz563

Needs a job!
Car(s)
Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (Do want)
I installed some program, it was prolly that Vista Trasformation dealy-got rid of that shite right away, that messed up the default action for opening drives. It's default is to "Search" instead of "Open" and it's only on the HDD and the ROM drives, and maybe the removable storage ones too. Any idea as to how I change that back? :|

http://img129.imageshack.**/img129/6749/default8hy.jpg

uh oh, this could be bad. You might have to do registry tweaks to get that to work.

google searched: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_21834141.html

Straight from Micro$oft

RESOLUTION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this problem, edit the registry to set the value data for the Default string value in the registry keys that are described in the "Cause" section of this article to none:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry if this problem occurs with folders:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
If this problem occurs with drives:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
3. Click Modify on the Edit menu.
4. Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.
5. Quit Registry Editor.

Bloody hell.
I'll do it tomorrow, to sleepy now, I'm not about to hax ma registry with 1 eye open :p

Thanks Axlxa, gonna do some more searching too, before I mess with it :)
Keep the suggestions coming...about the topic, not where I can stick it :p

Well, that didn't work. It didn' break anything, but it didn't work either :)

I was doing it wrong, I had put 'none' in the Drive default, instead of the shell. It didn't mess up anything thought, :blush: Thanks AxlxA :)