Windows Mobile Thread

^ Get FingerKeyboard2 if your ROM doesn't have it already... it's seriously the best WinMo finger keyboard, better than the manufacturer offerings I've tried even.

Done already :)

Running S2U2 as well.

There are so many ROMS out there for the Diamond its not funny. I'm trying to find a battery efficient one atm...

Last edited:
Is anyone here familiar with outlook? I can't seem to sync my appointments from my Blackjack to my Diamond correctly. All the dates and times are fucked up....

To all other HTC Diamond owners out there, do you get abysmal battery life out of yours? I find that I can wear my battery down to 50% in 1 day with relatively light use....

Thats even worse than my Samsung Blackjack with the slim battery.....

I get terrible battery life out of the Blackstone, it's almost permanently on charge. For example, I have TomTom software on it and wanted to use it to guide me to the Land Rover show in Surrey a month or so ago. That's 3 hours away. Somehow it got disconnected from the charging cradle so it ran out of charge about half an hour before I arrived. I'm pretty sure it had full charge before I left too.

I'm leaving ROMS well alone, I'm happy with mine the way it is. :)

Yeah, I'm just using the stock HTC ROM, but even then the stock battery doesn't exactly last long.

I am looking into an 1800mha battery + back cover, but then there wouldn't be a case that'd fit it....

I guess I could just get a new 900mha battery.

Yeah, I'm just using the stock HTC ROM, but even then the stock battery doesn't exactly last long.

I am looking into an 1800mha battery + back cover, but then there wouldn't be a case that'd fit it....

I guess I could just get a new 900mha battery.

The stock rom sucks for battery life from memory, set your wifi and hspda not to maintain a connection as well (it'll take a few seconds to reacquire a connection when it comes out of standby) but it saves a massive amount of power.

Yeah, I've disabled data and I always have wifi off.

Screen is already on auto-adjust as well. What ROM are you running?

I've resorted to the stock rom as on a few aftermarket ROMS all my appointments synced from outlook were shifted off....

Yeah, I've disabled data and I always have wifi off.

Screen is already on auto-adjust as well. What ROM are you running?

I've resorted to the stock rom as on a few aftermarket ROMS all my appointments synced from outlook were shifted off....

I have monx's rom for touch pro but it's getting old, waiting for winmo 6.5 to be finalised.

Same here. I've decided to hold off from the 6.5 Roms until its all finalized.

Everyone dump their Windows Mobile phones or what? This is what I've been using for a while now:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/12/14/bunchograbs.png

That Swype keyboard is really cool, kind of slow to use but very accurate. Also the new Skyfire works really well, my phone has a pretty low-res screen and look how crisp and big the forum text looks without any zoom, and it has Flash and Silverlight support, beat that.

I still have my Touch HD on 6.5, no intention of changing it any time soon. I haven't posted anything because nothing has changed. It's been completely faultless, and I haven't needed to do anything to it. I might download FingerKeyboard2 and give that a try, I've never used it and the standard WinMo keyboard, although alright for typing with using the stylus, is a bit small.

Not worth doing anything to my Blackjack II on 6.1, only going to have the phone for a few more months, and it lacks a touch screen. I don't have a data plan or anything either.

I might download FingerKeyboard2 and give that a try.

Try Swype, it's a whole new way of entering text. You can find it here even though it's officially only on the Omnia II for now... gotta love the WM ecosystem.

Not worth doing anything to my Blackjack II on 6.1, only going to have the phone for a few more months, and it lacks a touch screen. I don't have a data plan or anything either.

Yeah, I've heard the non-touchscreen version of 6.5 isn't really much of an upgrade anyway.

And I too don't have a data plan either, it's not hard to get by on WiFi. :mrgreen:

I've been running the HTC HD2 for the last few weeks and I still got mixed feelings about winmo. As long as I stay in the Sense part made by HTC i'm fine, but whenever you accidentally get into winmo it feels like getting from a hot tub into the freezing ocean. I have to admit though that I didn't try out many winmo add-ons/apps/tweakes whatever so if you guys know a couple of must have must do trips/tricks let me know!

Downloaded Swype, it's fantastic! Will be using it all the time in the future. I hope it learns new words like the WinMo word suggestion thing does. :)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shawn again." :(

Downloaded Swype, it's fantastic! Will be using it all the time in the future. I hope it learns new words like the WinMo word suggestion thing does. :)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shawn again." :(

It'll learn new words if you type them in like you would on a normal keyboard, I had to teach it a swear word, XD:rolleyes::p