Windoze Media...

:idea: it may be helpful to include a comprehensive WMP9 codec pack along with the downloads so people who havent already armed themselves to the teeth with codecs wont continually wonder why non of the episodes has any video =)

jackrungh said:
:idea: it may be helpful to include a comprehensive WMP9 codec pack along with the downloads so people who havent already armed themselves to the teeth with codecs wont continually wonder why non of the episodes has any video =)
Well it's covered in the FAQ that older episodes require WMP9 and newer ones require DivX. ;)

Actually I prefer PowerDVD, plays WMV videos better than WMP, go figure :roll: .

My opinion on the worst video format of all: ASF.

xkwilson said:
Haha..+ 1 more here! :D

you can add me to hating mac's as well...

I also hate Quick Time and Realshittyplayer...(they're impossible to uninstall completely too!)

I just use my new beta version of Windows Media Player v.10, it's really good, and it includes a burn and rip option :)

haz

bahnstormer said:
yay another MAC hater!
Not this household - all Mac. I use a windows box at work, but it is only for a specific app, emails and everything else is through an Apple machine.

adrew said:
If any of you have a Mac (or run Linux) try MPlayer. It plays just about everything: MPEG, most QuickTime, Divx, and most WMP (except for the really new stuff)...dunno 'bout Real.
VLC is a great multi codec, multi OS/platform player. Available in a Mac, Linux and Windows flavours
http://www.videolan.org/

Mac v PC

Mac v PC

Guys, lets not start a slinging match regarding which OS is better, is Apples hardware overpriced, merits and failings of Linux, Windows etc...
These things can quickly turn ugly and usually results in both sides throwing insults, usually misconceptions. There is a lot of misinformation on both sides and even with reviews in the media, it is hard to find a neutral point of view from the author.

We've all got a common bond, a love for road cars (do excuse the pun). Lets enjoy that and leave the OS bashing out of it? :)