Windscreen reseal cost?? Hope its ok to post this here!

jamesbond007

Hi people, nice to be here...

The seal on my punto windscreen is non existent and as a result closing the doors makes the screen slightly jump out. So yea basically i need it resealing. I spoke to autoglass (fancied a laugh) and they quoted ?96 odd to come out and reseal it. I spoke to a more local place and they want ?60 to come out and sort it. Am i still bein ripped off or is this a fair price??

Thanks in advance... 8) J.

I don't really know the market for the UK, but that doesn't sound too out-of-line to me. Try calling and getting a quote for a new windscreen, it might be less, who knows. I bet the have a flat fee for resealing, but I'm sure the price varies by car for a replacement.

Funny enough I'm looking to have the same thing done with my own car. I don't need a new windscreen - Just new seals.

I got quoted $100 for the front and another $100 to do the back window. That's what? About 40 quid? But I'm taking it to them (they're only 'round the corner) so that might be what makes it a bit cheaper. Most of these types of companys have fees for call-outs I would imagine.

Does that ?60 include the seals themselves? If so it seems like a pretty good deal to me. I had to buy my seals seperatly (at $175 each).