Windshield wipers suggestions

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
It's time to change out the wipers and I wanted to solicit some opinions, I have Bosch now but I feel like they scratch the windshield (or at least I seem to see some new scratches).

Bosch Icons. Best wipers I've ever used.

Have icons, love icons. Though the cheapest framed ones have worked well for me. I have icons now only because the parts store in Minnesota where I was at for work back in September only had icons left.

I have Bosch Aerotwin retrofits and they held up more than 3 years, I just changed them for a new set and I installed the first set in July 2013. I don't know what's the difference between Icons and Aerotwin retrofits, they seem to be identical (maybe just a different brand name for Aerotwin retrofits?).

I like the Rain x winter blade. They seem to last, and do a good job.

If your car came with frameless wipers from the factory, I would suggest a wiper package that's tailored for your car. The universal ones tend to have big and ugly mounting clips because they need to fit umpteen different types of wiper arms.

I use Bosch, personally.

The answer is obvious!

HjkDdRR.jpg

Yeah and they last roughly one month or two rain storms.

I switched out whatever was on the Jeep before to Trico Flex Beam's and they've been terrific.

The Icons are probably better but I have no complaints so far.

So looks like icons are the most popular ones, which i think is what I got on the stang

70947636340791127ad917f55d178e2b.jpg

There's apparently A and B versions of the icon blades and they do matter. Person at the store said it also has to with the B model has a slight "spoiler" for better wind deflection.

There's apparently A and B versions of the icon blades and they do matter. Person at the store said it also has to with the B model has a slight "spoiler" for better wind deflection.
If they're anything like the Aerotwins (which pretty much looks like they're identical) both have "spoilers" so the wind presses the blade down. Most blade combinationss are different lengths though (for my E46 one blade is 530 mm while the other one is 475 mm), but you should be able to compare the lenghts and curvatures with the old blades and know which blade goes where.

In my case the latches on the mustang are a different type than the normal J hook so I get the ones made for that