Ownership Verified: Winter Beater: Mercedes-Benz C200 Sport W202

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
Still got a few weeks, but if the Winter comes I'm (sort of) prepared ;)

So here it is, like the last one, kind of trashy and RWD - that's all that matters^^

1994 C200 Sport, and It's got everything you need on a winter car :p :

-Heated leather sports seats
-Climate control (cooling doesn't work)
-Huge dent in the rear door
-Electric sunroof
-Mismatched rear bumper
-Electric windows
-Lowered by 25mm
-Rear Spoiler
-Manual gearbox

Drives quite well - it just really doesn't like going quickly. Not that it's underpowered, the main reason is that the only way to get a smooth gear change is by shifting slooowly. The Engine just takes ages to drop revs, so if you're not waiting, you get a kick in the Back as soon as you release the clutch ;)

Pics:

20130909_140555.jpg

20130909_140617.jpg

20130909_140538.jpg

20130909_140829.jpg

20130909_140524.jpg

Is the classy sticker on the rear bumper your doing?

W202s are alluringly cheap here. But it makes me worry about how likely they are to go wrong. It will be interesting to see how this one treats you :) I'd like them to be decently reliable...

Definitely a good spec for a winter beater

Quite possibly the best license plate I've ever seen. :lol:

W202s are alluringly cheap here. But it makes me worry about how likely they are to go wrong. It will be interesting to see how this one treats you :) I'd like them to be decently reliable...

From what I heard the body is pretty much the only problem with the W202. If that doesn't rust away, engine, suspension etc. will last for ages...

From what I heard the body is pretty much the only problem with the W202. If that doesn't rust away, engine, suspension etc. will last for ages...

Unpossible. W202s will rust away. Some quicker than others. But rust away they will.

Makes me miss my C220. It was a great car, just the rusting problem made me get rid of it. If you don't mind the rust, otherwise it should be a bulletproof beater.

That gear-changing-issue isn't a normal feature, something is wrong with that. Star diagnostics would be a way to go. Could be just something small.

And as other have stated, awesome plate.

It's not a Sticker, my girlfried drew it on with permanent marker ;)
She has a real talent there, maybe she can work for D&W :D

As a model? :D
I haven't seen her... yet. Thus, I can't comment. :D

But as a designer of slightly sexist bumper stickers she could produce some bestsellers. See this "sexy little red riding hood"-sticker, for example:

...and you see that her "Winter-Schlampe" work pictured above is clearly superior.

EDIT: +rep for guessing the car!

Last edited:
I had a 96 W202 C200 Sport too, only it was an auto an not leather.. Had great fun with it, kick down function + new deep snow was very very fun

Winter Schlampe :lol:

Which engine version is this, the 136hp or the 180/190hp "Kompressor"?