• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Winter drivers in CANADA rant

Mischief007

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
4,710
Location
London, Ontario, Canada
Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
[begin rant]

It just boggles my mind that Canadians are surprised when snow hits the ground. It's like "Oh my god, what is this white stuff??". None of them are ever prepared, extremely few have winter tires, windshields, headlights, taillights are all covered, drive 25 km/h with a FWD vehicle, and yet tailgate. Now they wonder why they hit the person in front of them.

Today was a shitty day for me once again on the roads of London. People can't drive, can't turn, can't stop, come out in front of you, and do all kinds of weird shit. It's like most of them have not realized that another driver may not stop if he/she gets cut off. It absolutely boggles my mind. I don't understand. In Germany they use chains near the Alps and yet people have the nerve to tell me that I've never seen snow before and don't know what it's like to drive in it.

Best part is when I almost stalled my car today. I was starting in 2nd gear due to the snow/ice mix on the ground. Car in front of me started moving and hit the brake right away. What possessed him to do that?? There was nobody in front of him and he still had like 4 feet left to enter the intersection to turn left?? Sometimes I feel like I'm the odd man out and everyone is gunning for me. Oh well, another European stuck in Canada and being looked down upon.

[end of rant]
 
Things are pretty brutal in Vancouver whenever it snows. We rarely get snow, but when we do you'd think anarchy had erupted on the roads. A few weeks ago we got a couple inches of snow (it's all gone now thankfully) and it's like society just completely broke down - people will just stop in the middle lane of a busy road and put their four-way flashers on, people will try to drive around corners faster in the snow than they would in the dry, retards driving hopped up Mustangs with low profile tires will be surprised when they can't get up small hills and sit there spinning their tires for a good 5-10 minutes before giving up, every fucktard with a raised 4x4 pick-up truck decides to drive 30km\h over the speed limit wherever they are going and almost always end up in the ditch within 10 minutes....

For the few who actually know how to drive, driving in snow can be quite fun (donuts and drifts without tire wear :D) , but having to deal with the mass anarchy on the roads doesn't give me much faith in humanity. :?
 
There are a few dumb people who are too lazy to take the snow off their cars or that wait for the first storm to put their snow tires on but other than that.. it's Quebec and we know winter/snow :lol:
 
In general it isn't too bad here, but if you go toward the more popular areas, you'll find loads of soccer moms with there big-ass 4x4 suvs upside down in the ditch.
 
It only snows once every 2 years here...soo ya..
 
0311315eh.jpg


I never have to deal much with rain anymore, let alone snow. Though I do miss hearing the sound of raindrops more often. :(
 
zenon said:
Things are pretty brutal in Vancouver whenever it snows. We rarely get snow, but when we do you'd think anarchy had erupted on the roads. A few weeks ago we got a couple inches of snow (it's all gone now thankfully) and it's like society just completely broke down - people will just stop in the middle lane of a busy road and put their four-way flashers on, people will try to drive around corners faster in the snow than they would in the dry, retards driving hopped up Mustangs with low profile tires will be surprised when they can't get up small hills and sit there spinning their tires for a good 5-10 minutes before giving up, every fucktard with a raised 4x4 pick-up truck decides to drive 30km\h over the speed limit wherever they are going and almost always end up in the ditch within 10 minutes....

For the few who actually know how to drive, driving in snow can be quite fun (donuts and drifts without tire wear :D) , but having to deal with the mass anarchy on the roads doesn't give me much faith in humanity. :?

Exactly. I have fun because I don't wear out my tires but like you said you can't faith in others and their stupidity. One day I saw a 4x4 Jeep take the corner fast enough to cross all 3 lanes. What a freaking moron.

Renesis said:
There are a few dumb people who are too lazy to take the snow off their cars or that wait for the first storm to put their snow tires on but other than that.. it's Quebec and we know winter/snow

Exactly. My winter tires have been on since November. And I agree that there are smarter folks in Quebec when it comes to winter driving.

ESPNSTI said:
In general it isn't too bad here, but if you go toward the more popular areas, you'll find loads of soccer moms with there big-ass 4x4 suvs upside down in the ditch.

When I see those I laugh my ass off so hard...:lol:. They deserve to think they can go faster. Physics still applies to them but they think it doesn't.
 
chaos386 said:
I never have to deal much with rain anymore, let alone snow. Though I do miss hearing the sound of raindrops more often. :(

That's hilarious. It perfectly describes people when they see a snow flake. :lol:
 
What I hate though are SUV drivers, they see the ads and stuff and think they're invincible so some don't put snow tires on them but 4x4 won't help you get traction if the tire is worth nothing! :roll:

and they drive too fast because they feel too confident.. then they end up in the ditch and wonder why
 
SiR_dude said:
I LOVE driving in snow!! Winter tires = kick ass!!

what I love to do, is go to a parking lot late at night (empty), and if it's lots of snow (light newly fallen snow), I rev up and practice 360 degree turns :lol:

that I love ...

haz
 
Jostyrostelli said:
360? 1080 man, with a FWD its nice, in reverse about 30km/h and try it 8) :p

I've done that numerous times but never to 1080...:lol:...will have to try it though.
 
Has Ren learned a new word this week, or????? :lol:

haz
 
Top