[Winter Olympics Special] February 12th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Not entirely sure if its actually airing on the 12th because its not coming up on the listings, instead I'm seeing "Top Gear" on the 19th. Either way, Top Gear is coming to a Mininova near you and soon :D

btw: It seems the BBC is making many of their programs do "Winter Olympics" specials in conjunction with their coverage of it which means this special episode won't be taken out of the next series episode quota (I assume). So theres Top Gear in Febuary with no catch!

The Top Gear team hit Norway for a Winter Olympics special in which they attempt Olympic events, but with cars. In a world first, the team fire a rocket powered Mini off a ski jump, Jeremy and James tackle the Biathlon with the latest 4x4s, Richard stages a game of car ice hockey, and the new Jaguar XK races a speed skater
This episode of TG is scheduled for 9:10 - 10:10PM on the 12th. Better make sure VUK sets the time of recording correctly.

I still see "Top Gear" listed on the 19th aswell but that might be a repeat of it or something..

As for the episode. I wonder which 4X4's they will take out?? Maybe Range Rover Sport VS Merc ML500 or something...can't wait!

Vuk is currently building a new PC and the PC's he's using is utter crap, at least last I heard. Hopefully he'll be able to record this unexpected episode. :/

Vuk is a go. :thumbsup:

Ok, this is my first post here, so be nice, ok? ;)

A ski-jumping Stig? Does that mean they'll replace him again? Just like after the aircraft carrier take-off?

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
[As for the episode. I wonder which 4X4's they will take out?? Maybe Range Rover Sport VS Merc ML500 or something...can't wait!

Spoiler fun.

Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7, it was in the new Top Gear magazine

Can't wait for my TG dosis... I'm running out of that!

teeb said:
[As for the episode. I wonder which 4X4's they will take out?? Maybe Range Rover Sport VS Merc ML500 or something...can't wait!

Spoiler fun.

Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7, it was in the new Top Gear magazine

I posted the article here if you want to know more about the event. ;)
although they'll probably post it on their website soon

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9585/

It's good that they've done this as it helps to break up the long wait till May.

It seems the BBC is making many of their programs do "Winter Olympics" specials in conjunction with their coverage of it which means this special episode won't be taken out of the next series episode quota (I assume). So theres Top Gear in Febuary with no catch!

One of the reasons the winter run was so short was so they could do a special at some point in between series. It breaks up the best of shows :mrgreen:

fridsten said:

A ski-jumping Stig? Does that mean they'll replace him again? Just like after the
aircraft carrier take-off?

Hmm.. Maybe! :unsure: 8)

Spoiler fun.

What's that mean?! SPOILER?? :unsure: :|

EsCoBaR said:
Spoiler fun.

What's that mean?! SPOILER?? :unsure: :|

A "spoiler" is a tidbit of information that ruins a suprise. If you highlight the area under "Spoiler Fun", it gives away what 4X4's are being used in the Biathalon.

Ok.. thanks! Ago I think that spoiler is front bumper of the car.. on my language that' mean... :lol:

fridsten said:

A ski-jumping Stig? Does that mean they'll replace him again? Just like after the aircraft carrier take-off?

good theory :thumbsup:

i want to see a blue stig!!!

Gosh i'm waiting so eagerly for this one!

I hope they aren't killing this stig off. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.