Winter really is the best time to buy a roadster.

Vitamin J

Car(s)
1996 Mazda Miata 1.8L, 1992 Spec Miata 1.6L
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0003.jpg
'

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

Picked it up today. 1996, 5-speed, 1.8L, 67,000 miles, Cali car, perfect condition, $6400. Hopefully a cold side supercharger by summer.

Last edited:
I'm cold just looking at those pictures, and it's already 12 degrees here. :lol:

Very nice looking vehicle! I really want to get a fun car like that. Hopefully soon I can.

I'm cold just looking at those pictures, and it's already 12 degrees here
Pfft, oooh, a whole 12...I wish. It's below -40 with the windchill here today ;)

Anyway, great find :thumbup:

I tested and nearly bought an MX-5 with a 1.8L. Nothing handles as precisely and directly as that car.

Is this the CRX replacement? :thumbsup:

epp_b said:
Pfft, oooh, a whole 12...I wish. It's below -40 with the windchill here today
:high five:

http://img258.imageshack.**/img258/6326/untitled1jc8.jpg

are you keeping both Miatas?

Looks awesome. I'm assuming this is to replace the CRX?

I bet it's real fun in the snow too. :driving:

One of my goodies from my Ebay shopping spree came in today:

radbox.jpg

radiator.jpg

More goodies arrived today

LOL ebay exhaust:

OBX 4-1 stainless steel headers

PICT0020.jpg

OBX cat back exhaust

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

LOL 4 inch tipz TYPE R

PICT0021.jpg

I got the exhaust and headers installed this weekend. The headers were a bitch to get in, but other than that it went pretty smooth. The tip is touching a tow hook behind the bumper, that's the only thing left I have to take care of. It sounds pretty good, I haven't heard it under load. I'll get some audio tomorrow.

Old vs. New
headercompare.jpg

The garage
garage.jpg

noheader.jpg

newheaders.jpg

Yeah, I gotta wash my car
tipbumper.jpg

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8znUWHb3B0

1st to 2nd pull, 2nd pull from low rpm, then some donuts. I like it, it's a lot quieter than I thought it would be. I love the bark it gets around crossover and then when the cams pick up around 6k.

very nice :)

I own a 1992 MX-5 Miata that is under a car cover and a bank of snow in my driveway right now
I would attach a photo, but my posting rules say that I am unable to. I am assuming this is because I am a new user. Check it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28408400@N00/397213997/

I did own a 1990 Miata which I drove year round. I decided to save the wear and tear of driving my newer one in -20 degrees celcius winters.

I'm hoping to take off the car cover in about a month.

Vandal

Damn your Miata is nice, what have you done to it? I'm thinking I'll do port and polish and other headwork next, that's suppost to really open the motor up especially above 5k.

Tires came in. They are Toyo Proxes T1-R tires in 195mm 55% and 14". I will run them on my stock Enkei hollow spokes (less than 10 lbs each, nice). Look pretty good and should hold up to some light track use. Got a smokin' deal on them on thetireshoppe.com, $69 each. God I love 14 inch wheels, tires are so damn cheap!

tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

tires3.jpg

nice car! Btw at us the 15inch 195/50 tyre is the cheapest.

I haven't done much to my MX-5. It has the SE package with leather.
I'm not much for the bling factor, I just want the performance.

It has Bilstein R package shocks. Much stiffer than stock.
I put 205/40R 16 Federal SS595 rubber on 16" Core Racing Super Lites.
The Federals were a little cheaper than other brands (under $200.00 Canadian) but sure are sticky. The ride is choppy, but . . . oh . . . so . . . crisp :)

I'm all about the handling right now.
Let me know your subjective thoughts about the new header and exhaust. Maybe I'll have a summer project.

Vandal

Saskatoon, Canada today: -7 degrees celcius. It's getting warmer.