• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

With Europe all being for civil rights. . .

I think it's because European men have retained their balls . . . instead of having them chopped off and stolen by women.

In all seriousness, the Swiss seems like they are trying to prevent problems from happening. With all the rapes and scandals in the US armed forces, why risk it in their own country?

If I am in a war, I'd much rather trust my life with a male soldier than with a female one. Wouldn't you agree?
There are many competent female soldiers . . . however, they are outnumbered by those incompetent ones.

Z Draci said:
I think it's because European men have retained their balls . . . instead of having them chopped off and stolen by women.
sad but true

Well, the Swiss guard is only a small number of catholic swiss who prances around the Vatican in colourful medieviel uniforms swinging halberds. The only reason they're there is because of tradition. So I wouldn't call it a blow to womens rights in Europe

Actually that happens when Liberalism gets out of hand. At one point in Washington State a feminist group wanted to remove those pee sinks, dont know what they are called, from male bathrooms so that men would have to pee sitting down, making them equal to women. I am no making that up, if I could find the article or link I would have posted it.

That is what happens when crazy feminists and Liberals with no back bone allow women in our armed forces.

In all seriousness, the Swiss seems like they are trying to prevent problems from happening. With all the rapes and scandals in the US armed forces, why risk it in their own country?

I would like to know where you get your information, where are "all of these rapes" and scandals going on? I dont think there are as much as you make it seem. Find me some statistics to back up your point otherwise I would think that you are blowing it out of proportion.

jesus christ, some answers here are as riduculous as the thread itself.

the swiss guard the swiss army?! :lol:

the vatican is some sects campus somewhere in rome, not a nation that reflects europe. they are catholics for crying out loud and renown for being a little bit backward.

justin syder said:
At one point in Washington State a feminist group wanted to remove those pee sinks, dont know what they are called, from male bathrooms so that men would have to pee sitting down, making them equal to women. I am no making that up, if I could find the article or link I would have posted it.
dude that's fucked up.

...where are "all of these rapes" and scandals going on? I dont think there are as much as you make it seem. Find me some statistics to back up your point otherwise I would think that you are blowing it out of proportion.
I can only think of two. These implies more than that, where is he getting this?

Well, I don't really care about the Vatican or European civil rights, but this just shows how messed its getting in the world. The catholic church allows gays to be bishops, why not straight women to be part of the guard or whatever.

And with this rights issue, isnt Europe all up in arms about the "torture" in Abu Graihb, just because our army has retained its balls in keeping terrorists in prison despite the uproar about the "gruesome" treatment of prisoners, while no one cares about the unfair treatment of women in Europe, a bit hypocritic I think.

Most europeans are in no position to talk about unfair treatment of other people, but dissing on the US is somewhat of a sport. Not that we are so awesome and beyond criticism.

Tomo Motorsport said:
The catholic church allows gays to be bishops, why not straight women to be part of the guard or whatever.

Not anymore. Just read today that they've made it so any man wanting to join the clergy with even hints of homosexuality have three years to overcome their sexual tendencies before they'll be considered. Clergy in the Catholic Church are suppose to be celibate, one way or the other. Though it's about time they got around to it. It annoys me to no end when my friend starts going off about how every father in the Catholic church is gay...even though he knows I am one (Catholic, that is).

zenkidori said:
Most europeans are in no position to talk about unfair treatment of other people, but dissing on the US is somewhat of a sport. Not that we are so awesome and beyond criticism.

I agree that the US is far from an ideal example of a good government, but we are far ahead of the world in civil rights issues concerning gender and race. I bet prisoners in the US get the best treatment of any other country in the world. Should they, I don't think so. The prisoners at Abu Ghraib were and are treated better than Al-Queda and like muslim sects treat their women. And when we get flamed for stuff like treatment of prisoners, that's just straight hypocracy.

YF19pilot said:
Tomo Motorsport said:
The catholic church allows gays to be bishops, why not straight women to be part of the guard or whatever.

Not anymore. Just read today that they've made it so any man wanting to join the clergy with even hints of homosexuality have three years to overcome their sexual tendencies before they'll be considered. Clergy in the Catholic Church are suppose to be celibate, one way or the other. Though it's about time they got around to it. It annoys me to no end when my friend starts going off about how every father in the Catholic church is gay...even though he knows I am one (Catholic, that is).

Same, here, even though I'm Baptist. At evergreen state college, I took a Constitutional law course pertaining specifically to the first amendment, and in our discussion, the Catholics got flamed on alot. Especially the homosexual issue. But I'm glad that they are reforming. Tell us more about where everything is going with the homosexual issue in the Catholic Church.

Regarding rape in the US military. The only scandal that pops into mind is Tailhook

I know the air force has been having some problems which is more recent.

I don't think it's just a problem in the American armed forces. Rape and abuse towards women is a problem in every society in the world.

YF19pilot said:
Tomo Motorsport said:

it's since longer, we had one, and last year (or maybe already 2 ago) he was set aside as a priest caus he was stiring the black hole

Tomo Motorsport said:
And with this rights issue, isnt Europe all up in arms about the "torture" in Abu Graihb, just because our army has retained its balls in keeping terrorists in prison despite the uproar about the "gruesome" treatment of prisoners, while no one cares about the unfair treatment of women in Europe, a bit hypocritic I think.
no one cares about the unfair treatment of women in europe?
i'm sorry mate, but where exactly do you see this unfair treatment? the vatican is not europe!

and america is only subject to criticism about the treatment of prisoners because america supposedly fights for freedom and human rights and plays world police in angel's dress, but then fails to deliver that.
you can't tell everybody you will stop saddam's tyranny and stop the torturing in his prisons and then start torture people yourself. that is hypocrit! if you want to fight terrorism, you must not use terrorism yourself.

the americans always come along and say "we are the great, we are fair, we are right, we are superior in every aspect..." and then you are surprised if we tend to disagree after having seen the pictures from abu ghraib!? its the widespread american arrogance that causes all the quarrel. there is nothing wrong with having pride, but you always appear like you have no flaws at all and everyone else is inferior. do you expect people to be happy if you tell them they suck?
you see, i do think america is a great country, you have achieved a lot. i think the americans in general are very friendly people and i'd love to visit america one day. but you really have to get rid of that "with us or against us" rhetoric. its not all black and white...

It's the Swiss. What do you expect ? Taking them as an example as how Europe works is a bit rediculous. Heck, they're not even members of the EU. You might want to check Wikipedia and see for yourself when they allowed women to vote on a national level.

Next time you want to critizise Europe as a whole you might want to find a example on a EU level.

Oops, I misread the original post as Swiss Army and not the Swiss Guard. :lol:
I'm keeping with my tradition to make myself look like a dumbass in public. :bangin:

Nevertheless, I think I still have an arguement.
I think the Catholic Church is the epitome of discrimination.
They have rules that say only males can be priests. Did you know only females can become nuns!? The list goes on and on. :p

I can understand if a private corporation gets heat for not allowing female guards. Private corporations are subject to the laws and regulations put forth by the government. Since the church is separate from the state, our laws don't apply to the Catholic Church!
If the same applies to child molesting priests is another discussion . . .

justin syder said:
I would like to know where you get your information, where are "all of these rapes" and scandals going on? I dont think there are as much as you make it seem. Find me some statistics to back up your point otherwise I would think that you are blowing it out of proportion.

I was just stating what I've seen in the media. Of course, we cannot be certain what the media or government says. What most people believe is the negative publicity that the US armed forces has been getting lately on the television. If I were a policy maker elsewhere in the world, I'd make sure my country was safe from publicity nightmares like that in the US.

there is nothing wrong with having pride, but you always appear like you have no flaws at all and everyone else is inferior. do you expect people to be happy if you tell them they suck?
you see, i do think america is a great country, you have achieved a lot. i think the americans in general are very friendly people and i'd love to visit america one day. but you really have to get rid of that "with us or against us" rhetoric. its not all black and white...
methinks you watch too much television.

Nevertheless, I think I still have an arguement.
I think the Catholic Church is the epitome of discrimination.
They have rules that say only males can be priests. Did you know only females can become nuns!? The list goes on and on. :p

not many will dissagree

but a male nun is called a father
and some communities only accepted men to join

zenkidori said:
there is nothing wrong with having pride, but you always appear like you have no flaws at all and everyone else is inferior. do you expect people to be happy if you tell them they suck?
methinks you watch too much television.
i don't even have a tv...

if you wanted to imply that i took my views from the european tv you are very mistaken.
its that:
"
I agree that the US is far from an ideal example of a good government, but we are far ahead of the world in civil rights issues concerning gender and race. I bet prisoners in the US get the best treatment of any other country in the world."
first sentence is fair ernough, but then the whole "far ahead" and "best in the world" things starts again...