Woman sues American Airlines over in-flight Ejaculation

This post sucks. Are you a lawer?

(presumably some neg rep I recieved for my first post on the subject. Presumably because it's only showing as grey) but to address the person who sent it, no, I'm not a lawyer. I am studying law but with no intentions of ever becoming one.

I feel that for an effective argument, one has to look at both sides of the picture, and appreciate where the opposition is coming from in order to create an effective counter argument. I feel the woman has every right to ask for some sort of compensation as (going by the evidence presented in the article) she suffered some emotional distress. Airlines do have a duty of care towards their passengers, and what this basically means (very basic) is that they must ensure that noone within their care comes to any harm, be it physical or emotional, or otherwise. They failed. It wasn't entirely their fault obviously, I dont see how it could've been effectively prevented, but the fact remains. I think she is within her rights to sue, but I think the amount she is seeking is probably somewhat excessive.

Thats my reasoning. It may seem different for you, but hey, thats what discussion forums are for :cool: