Woodward Dream Cruise (Michigan) - August 20, 2016

My first thought would have been to always dismiss Canada, but 90 miles brings the break even/risk assessment closer than I'd have thought.

But that's it's a bit easier to make the decision considering

There've been TG challenges where they all take different routes. Infact, one of those challenges had an XJ in it. And was about 750 miles

So, is this the part where I suggest we all buy budget Craigslist cars and make it a challenge? Or am I out of my mind?

You guys can do what the TG trio did for the American South roadtrip. Sell them when you get here. Theres actually a market for that since we don't have emissions and safety inspections. Cars that wouldn't pass in MA and therefore are sold for peanuts actually might be worth something here. Granted you'd need to register the cars there before you drive them.

You afraid of a little "possible head gasket" warning? :p

The Cabrio is the only one that is claimed to run properly :p

I was looking specifically for the phrase "runs and drives good" which the other 2 state despite listing other problems.

Last edited:
An idea just formed based on the discussion in RT [Auto]

Lots of club members during the WDC all wear the same shirts. We're no worse than them. We should make a "2nd annual FinalGear Dream Cruise meetup" shirt. Namely one that has this design

This actually just reminded me... I still need to order this shirt for this year's Dream Cruise

Ia8YT2F.png

I can die at the hands of domestic fanboys much quicker than that: show up in the MR2 and paint red circles on the doors.

I can die at the hands of domestic fanboys much quicker than that: show up in the MR2 and paint red circles on the doors.

Sooooo.... Are you showing up?

So when y'all coming out here? Lev? Victor? LCG? Texas guys? Anyone else?

Last edited: