World Perspective of Barack Obama

You think the US is bad, Canada's got it worse - we've got a weird mashup of English and French. See: rumour, favour, etc.

1) MSNBC live stream

2) The only thing that did disappoing me was how close it was 52%-46% of the popular vote.

Also, it's a historical event. I heard it being pronounced with an an all day and here as well. Get it right! It's only a, when the h sound is silent, like in the word herb.

Whoa buddy.

http://img118.imageshack.**/img118/8580/grammarnazixl3.jpg

Last edited:
1) MSNBC live stream

2) The only thing that did disappoing me was how close it was 52%-46% of the popular vote.

Also, it's a historical event. I heard it being pronounced with an an all day and here as well. Get it right! It's only a, when the h sound is silent, like in the word herb.
Herb is pronounced herb and not 'erb, well unless you are American! And I do not care how many pages Google has with "a historic", it is "an historic" - that is all.

Yes, I was talking about the American pronounciation here. And it's NOT "an historic". :p Rules of grammar are written in stone and you're going at them with an eraser. ;)

1)
He has proved that a black person in america the world has no limits except those that they give themselves.
Fixed. :|
I guess my views of america aren't changed. My wife is american, my daughter is american, but we still chose to live in Canada, for good reason, we judge people by the content of their character, not by the colour of their skin.

So by your reasoning, all Canadians and all Americans who live in Canada are free of bigotry. How about you just come out and say that Americans are backwards? Your above statement reeks of ignorance and arrogance and stereotyping. Shame on you. <_<

Last edited:
Herb is pronounced herb and not 'erb, well unless you are American!
:lol: Reminded me of Eddie Izzard then "You pronounce Herb as 'erb, whilst we pronounce it Herb, because there's a fucking H in it"

:lol: Reminded me of Eddie Izzard then "You pronounce Herb as 'erb, whilst we pronounce it Herb, because there's a fucking H in it"

Eddie Izzard ftw!!!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IzDbNFDdP4[/YOUTUBE]

That guy is funny, but with a big ugly lining to it :/ He's kind of the ultimate Italian Godfather prototype: a charismatic piece of scum.

Not that I have any proof of it, but I do think he's mixed up with some sort of Mafia.

1) No, we are in a geo-political mess of our own

2) No, because Americans always voted for one idiot out of the two, the same thing happened this time ( Doesn't mean Americans are stupid, only the candidates; so no offense)

I agree completely. I genuinely feel that the WORST candidate from each of the [worthless] parties is nominated for president on EVERY single election. And trust me, many Americans are stupid. It amazes me how so many "educated" people can appear to be so mindless. I'm a libertarian...because it makes the most sense to me, as an Ayn-Rand type thinker. So naturally I was for Bob Barr, and he didn't even win a single state. I don't like Obama in the least bit, but I'll give him a chance.

1) Yes, quite extensively. Also, our media here was very interested in the events, with all major tv channels having "election night" coverage. In university cities, schools and even pubs did election night coverage and parties. Almost everyone I know at least had a little interest in who it would be. Everybody is glad Obama made it.

2) not really, he won with a very small margin which means that the country is as divided as ever. It seems like some people even still like Palin, go figure...

Well, hopefully more people are like me this go around. I would have PREFERED McCain (by a looong loong ways) but I will not be bitter about this election. To be honest, I'm sort of excited to have somebody new and energetic in office even if I completely disagree with him. I'm hoping more people leaning right will feel the same. (I can't decide which way I lean, depends on the issue)