World Record.

conio

So, is Richard Hammond the holder of a new world record ?
Fastest ever survived car crash - 300mph ?

Possibly 2 records , Fastest ever survived car crash by a hamster -300mph ?

discuss.

:richard: :richard: :richard: :richard: :richard: :richard: :richard: :richard:

</Friday night ramblings.>

Note that this is just a UK record we're talking about there. Many, many guys have wrecked at over 300 MPH here in the US (either on a dragstrip or on the salt flats).

<3 :richard: though. ;)

I still don't know why our land speed record is so low, especially as we hold the world record currently??

I thought maybe we don't have a big enough expanse of land? But we have plenty of top fuel dragsters, jet cars and drag strips plus cold war runways?

I still don't know why our land speed record is so low, especially as we hold the world record currently??

I thought maybe we don't have a big enough expanse of land? But we have plenty of top fuel dragsters, jet cars and drag strips plus cold war runways?
I think for it to be an official record it has to be measured over a mile(?) so you need quite a long strip to get up to speed, do the distance and then slow down safely.

I think for it to be an official record it has to be measured over a mile(?) so you need quite a long strip to get up to speed, do the distance and then slow down safely.

hum good point, I guess a large RAF runway is max 2miles long, so basically we need to close one of the big motorways for a few days and were be laughing.

So hammond potentially breaking the land speed record is quite a feat then, his badarse meter just increased 10 points in my book :richard:

hum good point, I guess a large RAF runway is max 2miles long, so basically we need to close one of the big motorways for a few days and were be laughing.

So hammond potentially breaking the land speed record is quite a feat then, his badarse meter just increased 10 points in my book :richard:

Well, the runway might be 3 miles, depending if they see, or have ever seen, C-5s land there. heavier aircraft demand longer runways. But best place to do things like that is the Utah Salt Flats.

Well, the runway might be 3 miles, depending if they see, or have ever seen, C-5s land there. heavier aircraft demand longer runways. But best place to do things like that is the Utah Salt Flats.

He crashed at RAF Elvington which has the longest runway in the north of England. It's still only 1.92 miles.

I alway thought Bruntingthorpe was the longest runway in the UK, isn't that the only one in Europe certified for emergency landing for the space Shuttle...?

Last edited:

So your suggestion is to make the Utah Salt Flats part of the UK? So that the UK landspeed record can be set there?
Great Idea:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I alway thought Bruntingthorpe was the longest runway in the UK, isn't that the only one in Europe certified for emergency landing for the space Shuttle...?
You're probably right, I said longest in the north of England, not the whole of England.

World's longest trench dug with a man's cranium.

...Many, many guys have wrecked at over 300 MPH here in the US...

Youre right. In fact, everyone drives in America at 300 mph on the Interstates, whilst talking on a cell phone and eating McDonalds. If you dont drive 300 mph, we will kill you dead with our gigantic vehicles that have leaf springs. Cause Americans like to kill everyone dead.

Oh, and we are all fat, too. And have Texas accents.

Boomheadshot.

:roll: I simply meant that there's no world record in crashing at 300 MPH as this thread implied. ;)

Would have worked better if Viper was European. ;)