World's Biggest Muscle Car?

8bitter

Car(s)
BMW 530i
Would you say the 7th gen T-Bird, was perhaps the biggest muscle car of all time?;)

1972-76 Thunderbird

Just always had this thought seeing Jack Cassidy chasing Clint Eastwood in The Eiger Sanction (1975) movie, lol.:mrgreen:

i014122.jpg

The 1972 Ford Thunderbird. Precise in its handling.

Why do I feel like this is not true :lol:

I'd probably argue the Thunderbird was never a muscle car, regardless of vintage. Luxury cruiser available with large engines, but not really a muscle car.

I'd probably argue the Thunderbird was never a muscle car, regardless of vintage. Luxury cruiser available with large engines, but not really a muscle car.

This.

What about the Torino? Those seem to be rather enormous.

Yes, the Torino was a muscle car. It's still an intermediate/midsize car like the GM A-Body and Chrysler B-Body.

Maybe not for length, but in terms of height the new Challenger is definitely up there. I was following one on the highway the other day and it was almost as tall as the 90s Ford Explorer it passed.

Also, this should be in the random threads section.

What about the Torino? Those seem to be rather enormous.

True, by the '70s the Torino was getting very big. And the Dodge Dart was always too big to be a compact.

The Big Bird T-bird has the short rear deck, long hood proportions that are associated with muscle cars. Later Thunderbirds were too sedan like in shape. Put a blower and some Cragars on that large T-bird and it might make it.:D

We're talking size and not popularity, right? Superbird?

And or the Daytona Charger.