Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

• Total voters
they could do an east coast challenge (being as though about 80% of thepopulation live there) and do a north to south run or something along those linesP

As long as they swing by Wollongong:D

Send them into Redfern

after the australians beat them by jumping a bus over some motorcycles they could get back at them by jumping a road-train over some perodua kelisas.:rolleyes:

They could do the outback, but only if they do it Bush Mechanics style

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tsKPlDn7U[/youtube]

like to see it?? is this a real question?? OF COURSE i want them to come here! they could do an east coast challenge (being as though about 80% of thepopulation live there) and do a north to south run or something along those lines.....would be fantastic and a lot of challenges and sights to see on the way...plus north queensland would be like the alabama of the USA show :p

Tasmania is our Alabama.. Queensland is Florida :p

Of course, SA is Utah! :lol:

@bush mechanics is an awesome show. There was one where the full pump went, so they took the wipers pump and some guy in the back manually pumped it and kept the car going. Pretty cool!

Last edited:
Cars they could DRIVE:
James May would look at home in a Magna range from the 80's, (the square one). For Hammond an old Torana, (very sporty). Clarkson... any car that has more power than the others, which wouldn't be hard to find.

It would be a laugh.:)

Tasmania is our Alabama..
I resent this statement.

We are not racist rednecks, our state just happens to be full of greenies that protest any new developments into submission, thus we all live in tree houses.

Last edited:
i would like o see them drive from sydney-melb-adelade then maybe even the drive to perth............ watch em all run out of petrol casue they missed the last petrol station for 500km's...

they would love the great ocean road...

and they could get some great shot's on that new highway over the ocean thingy...

I would like to see them try some real off roading. They will just be told they have to get an all-terrain vehicle and the route will be full of unexpected hazards. I want steep washed out scrabbles, water crossings, deep sand, anything that will test not only their vehicles but their ability to drive and navigate off road. There's much more to it than just having an SUV or truck. Clarkson, May and Hammond all can drive around a track and on paved roads, but they are always banging on about SUVs offroad capability. I want to see if they actually know what these things can do and how to use them.

They each should choose what they think is the best SUV on the road before they are told what the test is for. Clarkson will probably choose a Range Rover witch will probably do OK if he doesn't get sporty tires. Hammond, well I don't know what he would pick. May might choose the VW or Audi.

I would like to see them try some real off roading. They will just be told they have to get an all-terrain vehicle and the route will be full of unexpected hazards. I want steep washed out scrabbles, water crossings, deep sand, anything that will test not only their vehicles but their ability to drive and navigate off road. There's much more to it than just having an SUV or truck. Clarkson, May and Hammond all can drive around a track and on paved roads, but they are always banging on about SUVs offroad capability. I want to see if they actually know what these things can do and how to use them.

As i've said multiple times, there is a hell of a lot more to our country than "TEH OUTBACK!!!111" Hell not a single part of it is even in my state and why bother to do anything like that here, we don't make 4wd's so they might as well go to a safari park in africa or something.

As i've said multiple times, there is a hell of a lot more to our country than "TEH OUTBACK!!!111" Hell not a single part of it is even in my state and why bother to do anything like that here, we don't make 4wd's so they might as well go to a safari park in africa or something.

*ahem* Not the outback as such but Victoria does have desert/desolate areas all over. Ever heard of Little Desert National Park? All year round it looks like far north NT does in the wet season.

I think Australia is great. :)
Funny english accent, opens up the F1 season, fastest WRC Rally stages and they make good cars there... great for Top Gear. :)
Tho, I must say, it must be fucking weird to celebrate christmas on a beach... hope the girls wear nice red bikinis. :)

I think Australia is great. :)
Funny english accent, opens up the F1 season, fastest WRC Rally stages and they make good cars there... great for Top Gear. :)
Tho, I must say, it must be fucking weird to celebrate christmas on a beach... hope the girls wear nice red bikinis. :)

wouldn't have it any other way

^ Celebrate Christmas on Maslins Beach here in Adelaide and you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more ;)

They each should choose what they think is the best SUV on the road before they are told what the test is for. Clarkson will probably choose a Range Rover witch will probably do OK if he doesn't get sporty tires. Hammond, well I don't know what he would pick. May might choose the VW or Audi.

I reckon May would get this. This is the hire car they gave me in Darwin last time I was there for work. A non-turbo diesel 100 series Land Cruiser. It has the diesel engine and snorkel so river crossings aren't a problem, and a big dual tank for fuel range.

Slow as all hell, and the gearbox is a bit hit and miss. But it will go absolutely anywhere.

http://img219.imageshack.**/img219/198/landzn9.jpg