Would you buy it?

The 427 was used in the Mk2, 3, and 4. I would argue that is much closer than the 302. Also it will sound and go a hell of a lot better/faster.

Don't forget, though, that the primary goal of those cars was to win LeMans, which at that time had an unfettered Mulsanne Straight, so power was king. The cars never handled as well, but they more than made up for it in straight line speed.

If the car had raced on today's layout at LeMans, the big block never would have made sense.

Steve

I would buy one, one without AC. Just as long as it is at least half as raw as the original. No boulevard cruiser with fancy looks.

I think I could be tempted into one. I do love the GT40

You can't really compare it to other simillar priced cars in the market.

This is a proper no frills sports car, unlike the Audi TT etc with the ABS, radio, etc etc!
The Audi is a good car, but the GT40 replica is for a different reason, built to be driven as a classic sports car at less cost, wheras the Audi is built so your could drive it everyday to work without worrying about being uncomfortable or breaking down etc.

You can't really compare it to other simillar priced cars in the market.

This is a proper no frills sports car, unlike the Audi TT etc with the ABS, radio, etc etc!
The Audi is a good car, but the GT40 replica is for a different reason, built to be driven as a classic sports car at less cost, wheras the Audi is built so your could drive it everyday to work without worrying about being uncomfortable or breaking down etc.

I agree that they can?t be compared directly, but it is undeniable that both are bought by people wanting some degree of sportiness. The Audi TT was more of a way to place it in a price range, not a direct competitor.

If the chassis and general workmanship of the car are on par with its looks, I would absolutely be interested in one. @#$% yes I would. I'd probably try to use it as a daily driver too, because a properly built replica/kit car would probably be the most reliable thing in my garage. :lol:

for a hard,look-at-me,fast,track day blast of the past yes i would unfortunately for everything else i would probably go all sensible and buy a 335i

no - i wouldn't want a replica of a real car - someone asks you what it is... Ford GT40... replica - just no. By something that is what it's meant to be!

no - i wouldn't want a replica of a real car - someone asks you what it is... Ford GT40... replica - just no. By something that is what it's meant to be!

If they have to ask, just say it's a Ford GT.

If they ask if it's a replica or not then talk to them about the details.