Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

• '06 Mercedes Benz SLK55

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
The Porsche. SLK doesnt have that something special imo + its a fancy poser car.

and WHAT has porsche? no style, same engine as other porsches, what the **** is this car about?

i'm not a girl...so i'll take the boxster

Xeon SX said:
and WHAT has porsche? no style, same engine as other porsches, what the **** is this car about?
it sure has more style than that merc :)

ps: jensked hit the nail on the head.

The Porsche, is better. But the SLK has a 5.5 litre supercharged engine in a little body. So.. Slk for me <3

I would be in the slk, v8's have a certain lovelyness in traffic.

But if the cayman were an opiton, it would be a different story

Kip_6666 said:
The Porsche, is better. But the SLK has a 5.5 litre supercharged engine in a little body. So.. Slk for me <3

...slk's not supercharged :|

It must be the SLK for me. I am still hoping they put the new V8 in there :)
I never really liked the Boxter, sure it feels nice and drives great, but if it has to be a Porsche-convertible I would chose a 911.

the SLK sounds better and is pretty damn quick. But the Boxster is supposed to be more balanced, more of a performance car. And the SLK will be sure to have several problems down the road. so the boxster it is

^^ considering that the slk is heavier, that power difference gets smaller
~ 1550kg for the merc vs ~1250kg for the porsche

I voted for the boxster. But I would Rather Have a skyline.....:p

I would want to point out that on Top Gear, Jezza tested both cars in that hilarious shooting game.

The Porsche won that challenge, but of course Jeremy wouldn't be Jeremy if he didn't take that into account. He just does not like Porsche. The styling, the clean image, the reliability...

When he can choose between a Porsche or another car, he always gives stupid reasons. :thumbsdown:

Xeon SX said:
Who the hell voted for boxter? :x

I was the first one who voted for Boxster, and I have lots of reasons to do so:
great build quality, manual gearbox, much better handling (it's as fast on track with a lot less power!) and better looking.

SLK has huge V8, but all that power doesn't make it much faster (ok, on straight it probably does). It's not what I'd call good looking, and I just checked, it's 10000 pounds more expensive in UK!

I see the only real advantage in SLK and that's metal roof. Not enough for me. It's a sporty cruiser, Boxster is much more of a driver's car.

I would rather wait for Cayman S, and even that would be cheaper than SLK.

EDIT: I want to point out, I don't want to make everyone like Boxster, whatever make you happy. But there're plenty of reasons why one would choose Boxster over SLK.

jensked said:
I would want to point out that on Top Gear, Jezza tested both cars in that hilarious shooting game.

The Porsche won that challenge, but of course Jeremy wouldn't be Jeremy if he didn't take that into account. He just does not like Porsche. The styling, the clean image, the reliability...

When he can choose between a Porsche or another car, he always gives stupid reasons. :thumbsdown:
what are talking about, JC does like Porsches. its just that he found that the SLK is a good cruiser as well as a powerful machine. Its more "usuable" everyday. and its got a hard-top. and the AMG engine sounds fantastic.

I'll chose the Boxster as soon as im 43 :) buuut fer now its the SLK