Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

• '06 Mercedes Benz SLK55

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
U talk about style???? u say porsche has one or its better?

Hear yourself again.... this is madness.

jensked said:
Well James is known for having better taste than Jeremy, girls back me up here ;) .

:thumbsup: Actually I would be happy with ANY car :|

*Cough* another merc fanatic that prays 5 times a day towards the DaimlerChrysler HQ in Stuttgart *cough*

I'd wait for the Z4M... Gonna blow EVERYTHING to pieces in that segment...

Buba

Xeon SX said:

Style is subjective, but here are two photos anyway:

06xxmuo-gallery.jpg

1175985_458194.jpg

Yes, I say Porsche has one and it is better.

MXM said:
Xeon SX said:

Style is subjective, but here are two photos anyway:

06xxmuo-gallery.jpg

1175985_458194.jpg

Yes, I say Porsche has one and it is better.

how about taking all pictures of 911 and boxter mokdels and compare those. If u were born not long ago and this is the first time u see a porsche then ok I could understand you that styling is better in porsche's car but u see them every year and year and year...... new models, ranges, WHATEVER - all the same.

And how's that different than mercedes? And any other german car manufacturer for that matter. They have hardly any new designs, all their models look the same, and they get facelifts every now and then.

Xeon SX:

You prefer SLK styling because Boxster reminds you of 911?
Great argument :?

I have no problem with Boxster looking like old Boxster or like 911, because I think it looked great then, and it still looks great now, not oudated. Those who are interested in cars have no problems seeing the difference.

Looks was not the only reason I voted for Boxster, but nevertheless an important one.

And anyway... Are you on a mission to make everyone like SLK or something? I said I like Boxster more and explained why I think so. You don't have to try change my mind. It wont make me like SLK.

pdanev said:
And how's that different than mercedes? And any other german car manufacturer for that matter. They have hardly any new designs, all their models look the same, and they get facelifts every now and then.

U've got to be joking, how can u compare porsche to any other manufacturer? 99% of all people will admit that porsches dont change in design much.

MXM said:
Xeon SX:
You prefer SLK styling because Boxster reminds you of 911?
Great argument :?

Well I was trying to make a point that boxters and 911s are very similar. Different but not that much. U see when there was new S class and SLK I started forming my opinion about its style: bad or good but in case with porsches, u dont need to change a view coz u'll still like/hate the car's design coz small details of its bodywork only changed.

And I am not trying to change your opinion of a car. All I talk about is its style as it looks absurd to hear that somebody like boxter's style more.
Other factors I am not taking into consideration coz I cant possible know how each car drives.

Xeon SX said:
pdanev said:

U've got to be joking, how can u compare porsche to any other manufacturer? 99% of all people will admit that porsches dont change in design much.
And is that a bad thing? Porsche is a respected manufacturer, with familiar designs that are known throughout the world. They don't need to reinvent themselves every few weeks with some new gimmicky styling like other companies that are going through redesigned cars nowadays that will be outdated before the next model design when the industry moves on to something else.

BMW had the same principles in the early 00's as well. They felt that this was a problem, so they decided to reinvent themselves. The rest is history. Do you think Porsche needs to do that?

BTW, I voted for the Merc with Richard Porter's yellow Boxster article fresh in my mind, thinking that the Porsche was a girly car. But now I've remembered that it's just much better-looking in my eyes, and the mid-engine layout still holds some mystique.

Ok, let me demonstrate:

A3
audi-a3-sportback-69.jpg

A4
audi-a4-75.jpg

A6
audi-a6-375.jpg

Ok, the a2 and tt do look different, the a8 is just much bigger then all these, and the allroad quattro has a higher ride hight.

BMW 1-Series M-Sportpackage
bmw-1-series-m-sportpackage-811.jpg

BMW 3-Series M-Sportpackage
bmw-3-series-m-sportpackage-815.jpg

BMW 5 [d]-Series M-Sportpackage
http://img108.imageshack.**/img108/8770/bmw535d34710242eo.jpg
7 series looks also the same way, x3 and x5 look the same way, and there isnt much else left.

And at this point i wont bother further to steal images off other sites to show you the similarities between the C, E, S class.

I know these are current models, but as I said earlier, its not like they've changed much in the past decade.

Has to be the Boxster, I've always liked Porsches.

Mercedes just don't do it for me anymore. Oh and I'm not fond of folding tin-tops. Sometimes it's styling not performance for me, the Boxster is just sooo pretty. :bangin:

I'm such a girl :D

pdanev said:
I know these are current models, but as I said earlier, its not like they've changed much in the past decade.
I'm sorry, but I believe you're wrong about BMWs when you make that dangerously general statement. I agree with you on the Audis and Mercedes (to an extent), but BMW's design revolution in 2002-2003 was so, well, revolutionary when their new cars were taken in context with the old models from the mid-90's that had been an evoltution of the original formal 3-box design that had worked for them for so long (since the late 60's). Any passing glance at a 2002 7-series, which is barely distinguishable from a 5-series, to a new one with its complex headlight shape and utterly wierd rear will prove my point.

Though new BMWs may look the same when compared to each other, along with new Audis, but that's family resemblance (that sometimes is taken too far) designed to instantly denote any car as a BMW or Audi. Like with the early 00's models I mentioned above.