Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

• '06 Mercedes Benz SLK55

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Boxster and the Benz are a little Classy For me Just Give me a SKyline Or a AE 86 and i would be in heven :lol:

BlaRo I didnt say that the family resemblance, i.e. that they didnt change much is a bad thing. I was just trying to show Xeon SX that he is not right by saying that from german manufacturers only porsche is the one that doesnt distinguish its models.

About bmw, I dont know, they all look the same for me, and imo they havent changed in the past 10years that much. They introduced suv, ok, but the in the 3-5-7series i can recognize easily all the roots to previous generations. Again, im not saying its a bad thing, i just think that apart from facelifts, and a few minor touches here and there, they did not change radically in the past years.

pdanev said:
BlaRo I didnt say that the family resemblance, i.e. that they didnt change much is a bad thing. I was just trying to show Xeon SX that he is not right by saying that from german manufacturers only porsche is the one that doesnt distinguish its models.

About bmw, I dont know, they all look the same for me, and imo they havent changed in the past 10years that much. They introduced suv, ok, but the in the 3-5-7series i can recognize easily all the roots to previous generations. Again, im not saying its a bad thing, i just think that apart from facelifts, and a few minor touches here and there, they did not change radically in the past years.
Point taken, but I'm assuming you're excluding the post-Bangle years, what with the "flame-surfacing" and the "Bangle Butt" and the angry headlights and the Kabuki makeup and generally wierd bits that shout "WE'RE HIGH-TECH!!!1", etc. The difference between the Bangle revolution and the formal 3-boxes before are striking.

Ferrari 308 GTBi. There we go thats the one for me :thumbsup: i could buy 2 with the money i'd make selling the SLK. no argument
Ferrari-308-GTB-b-ra-lr.jpg

I voted for the Porsche but only cause I'm not a fan or Mercs at all... well ok so I like the G Wagon but other than that.

oh and wooflepoof, I didn't send in my top 10 cars and I plan on talking a hell of a lot. Let the baby angel slashening begin!!

bassheadjazzVR6 said:
3 pedals > 2 pedals...But I will say that the merc is easier to live with ie, hardtop, autobox..
The SLK comes with a 6-speed manual as an option, as well as a 7-speed auto.

Boxster for me. It's a pure, balanced roadster, perfect for a blat on a sunday afternoon, but will handle traffic with aplomb as well. The SLK looks too wank and only has a silly automatic gearbox. It's heavy, stupid and the folding metal roof just adds more weight.

With all thats silly extra weight, almost all the extra power dissapears. The SLK does 0-100km/h in 5.4s and 400m in 13.5s. The Boxter is behind by such a tiny margin it's not really significant: 0-100km/h in 5.5 and 400m in 13.8s.

Only the Boxster for me.

BlaRo said:

Depends what country you're from I guess. Out here it's auto only. Not sure on the options for other countries, but I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones...

BlaRo said:
bassheadjazzVR6 said:
3 pedals > 2 pedals...But I will say that the merc is easier to live with ie, hardtop, autobox..
Hmmmmm, that was my whole basis for my choice of the Boxster, might have the SLK after all. Nothing beats a big, torquey engine is everyday commutes.

EDIT: wait, just remembered the merc has traction control you can't switch off, no thanks.

Raven18940 said:
BlaRo said:
bassheadjazzVR6 said:
Hmmmmm, that was my whole basis for my choice of the Boxster, might have the SLK after all. Nothing beats a big, torquey engine is everyday commutes.

EDIT: wait, just remembered the merc has traction control you can't switch off, no thanks.
Sorry to burst your bubble again, but Car and Driver apparently found a hack into turning off the traction control completely. I believe it involved fooling it into "Dyno Test" mode, pulling up on the shift paddles a few times, wiggling the volume buttons, revving the engine up to exactly 3406.77143 RPMs, popping the trunk, playing "Best of the Doobie Brothers" tape in reverse (maybe that's why JC bought it), then slipping it a roofie and stuffing a chloroform-soaked cocktail napkin into its mouth before dragging it into one's apartment for a night of unrestrained substance abuse. Hell, just get the Boxster!

Boxster for me.

Nicer looking, doesn't have such a high 'wank' factor, lovely engine and all that jazz.

i'd take the SLK55 obviously.. the car just has so much more to offer IMO... it can be a sports car when it wants, but when you just wanna relax and lay back, it can be a comfortable cruiser... when you wanna go crazy and put the top down.. its an awesome convertible, and when it rains or you just want the top up.. you got the convenience of a hard top..

I'll take the SLK55, I like how it looks over the Porsche, not to say the Porsche lacks in the looks department. I don't know, the SLK just seems so much more appealing to me.

I'm biased when it comes to Mercs so I would have to take the SLK for its looks, practicality and overall grunt. But I do however know I would be very happy with a Boxter and it is a bargain next to the Benz.

Either way, they both very nice cars :)

ps: Clarksons a fool, he shoulda just spent that little bit more and got the CLS AMG..

BlaRo said:

Are you sure about that? Every M-B site I checked only makes mention of the 7-speed auto, and that's the transmission that all the car magazines seem to test. Of course, that could just be M-B putting their twist on things (by only providing an auto as a test car)...

I remember JC complaining about the auto-box in the 'shooting gallery' road test. He yelled at it for taking too long to change from drive to reverse... I'm sure that JC being JC, if there was a manual option, he would have gone for that.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
I'm biased when it comes to Mercs so I would have to take the SLK for its looks, practicality and overall grunt. But I do however know I would be very happy with a Boxter and it is a bargain next to the Benz.

Either way, they both very nice cars :)

ps: Clarksons a fool, he shoulda just spent that little bit more and got the CLS AMG..

Get.... fucked... I would have never known haha