Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

Would you have a Boxster S or a SLK55??

• '06 Mercedes Benz SLK55

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MXM said:
the Boxster has this stupid image of being the little-Porsche, "for those who can't afford a 911"

FFS, I really hate this stupid Porsche thing. Where every bloody Porsche has to be compared to the 911. And if it's not a 911, then it's rubbish or for people who can't afford a 911. What is this rubbish? You don't hear people say the same thing about Ferraris, and compare them all to the old 250GTO or something. The Boxster does NOT have a stupid image of being "the little-Porsche, for those who can't afford a 911", only complete morons would think that.

MXM said:
TGG: I don't think so. See, the Boxster has this stupid image of being the little-Porsche, "for those who can't afford a 911", girly car, whatever.
While the SLK screams agression. Big engine, big noise, scary design, etc. And I don't think Merc is considered a 2nd class manufacturer or something.

So I doubt that those who prefer Boxster are doing so because of the image. Or at least it's not the major reason.
you've all got to understand that many people buy expensive cars because of the image. I was talking to this one kid who loved the Maserati Spyder, which is a garbage car according to several sources, but he was still in love with the fact that it was a Maserati. i was explaining how the RS6 is better than the E55 to another kid and he just said "who cares? its an Audi".

its the way that most people think.

MXM said:
TGG: I don't think so. See, the Boxster has this stupid image of being the little-Porsche, "for those who can't afford a 911", girly car, whatever.
While the SLK screams agression. Big engine, big noise, scary design, etc. And I don't think Merc is considered a 2nd class manufacturer or something.

So I doubt that those who prefer Boxster are doing so because of the image. Or at least it's not the major reason.

I agree with the imagething, but that quote...

That's a JC quote, and don't confuse that reality ;)

I see many people copying JC's opinion about cars and their handling while they have never driven the car.

JC loves and hates the Boxster, he says that it has many of the qualities of the 911 for a lot less $$. but then he also says that if you could afford it, you'd buy a 911 instead. and i think that is true in my case.

bartboy9891 said:
but then he also says that if you could afford it, you'd buy a 911

Rubbish. For the same price as a new Boxster you could by a used 911, so if someone really thought a 911 was better than a Boxster then they would just go and buy one.

Dosn't it occour to these people that someone might buy a Boxster just because they want one? And not because it's all they can afford. I know for a fact, that the Queen has a Range Rover older than our one. So does that mean thats all the richest woman in the world can afford? and we are richer than her?

James May had a 911, if it was so much better than a Boxster why did he buy a Boxster? Why did Richard Hammond sell his 911 if they are so much better than any other Porsche and buy a 928?

This is all part of this stupid "oh no other Porsche is a good as a 911" rubbish. There are people around who really believe that thier clapped out old 911 is better than a brand new Boxster, and the person driving the Boxster some how secretly wishes they had a 911. What complete and utter rubbish.

TGG: Who are you fighting here with? :) If you haven't noticed from my post, I DON'T agree with this opinion about Boxsters. But blindly denying that some people do, is not correct.

batrboy: In your last post you actually said the very opposite, that somehow people value sporty Mercedeses more.
its actually the other way around. people are more impressed with the name mercedes.
And now you're defending the point about Boxster image > SLK image.
:?

Jostyrostelly: Sadly it's not just a JC quote. I've seen this opinion on forums (even on this one I think), on tv in press...

And that's what I was talking about. That those who voted for Boxster (especially here) very unlikely did that based on image.

MXM said:
TGG: If you haven't noticed from my post, I DON'T agree with this opinion about Boxsters. But blindly denying that some people do, is not correct.

batrboy: In your last post you actually said the very opposite, that somehow people value sporty Mercedeses more.
its actually the other way around. people are more impressed with the name mercedes.
And now you're defending the point about Boxster image > SLK image.
:?

Jostyrostelly: Sadly it's not just a JC quote. I've seen this opinion on forums (even on this one I think), on tv in press...

And that's what I was talking about. That those who voted for Boxster (especially here) very unlikely did that based on image.

sorry if my argument sounds inane :?
what i was saying is this, the Boxster is the car that i would buy and its not for the name. Mercedes, as a company not just the SLK, are often bought JUST for the name. i wrote down an example of the kid with the C-class.

Jostyrostelli said:
That's a JC quote, and don't confuse that reality ;)
That IS reality. That is the image of the boxster. Cheap porsche, one that everyone can afford, for people who can not afford a "proper" porsche.

MXM said:
If you haven't noticed from my post, I DON'T agree with this opinion about Boxsters. But blindly denying that some people do, is not correct

I never said you did. I am just so annoyed when ever I hear this nonsence.

As for, blindly denying that some people do, yes I can, as they are complete morons, so you just dismiss them as such. If someone walked up to you and said "Hey I see Ronald Regan is still President of the USA", you'd just think, "What a nutter" and walk away and ignore them. So I would do the same thing.

Comparing a Boxster to a 911, is like comparing the 911 to Space Shuttle. Why, the 911 is completely useless compared to the Space Shuttle. I mean the 911 can't even fly, it's really slow compared to the Space Shuttle and when was the last time you saw a 911 in space or fixing the Hubble Space Telescope, never, ha the 911 is just for people who can't afford a Space Shuttle, I don't know why Porsche even make the 911, they should just make Space Shuttles.

@TGGirl: you'll note that the 911's that hammond and May had were very old. Hammond and May both had several problems with their 911's over the years. You'll also note that both Hammond and May both really like the new 911's. and when did hammond buy a 928 to replace the 911?

MXM said:
TGG: Who are you fighting here with? :) If you haven't noticed from my post, I DON'T agree with this opinion about Boxsters. But blindly denying that some people do, is not correct.
TGG your posts are so random, they are not connected at all, no consistency whatsoever... :?

Ok, so we all agree and aren't arguing here as far as I can tell? :)

EDIT: TGG can't you tell the difference between the QUOTE and PERSONAL OPINION? Re read the post before calling somebody an idiot.

MXM said:
EDIT: TGG can't you tell the difference between the QUOTE and PERSONAL OPINION? Re read the post before calling somebody an idiot.

Where do you highlight it's a quote and not you're personal opinion?

MXM said:
TGG: I don't think so. See, the Boxster has this stupid image of being the little-Porsche, "for those who can't afford a 911", girly car, whatever. While the SLK screams agression. Big engine, big noise, scary design, etc

Top Gear Girl said:
pdanev said:
people who can not afford a "proper" porsche

And how is it not a proper Porsche? It's made by Porsche in the Porsche factory, you are an idiot.

And you use some of those braincells in the that pretty head of yours... :?

Top Gear Girl said:
Where do you highlight it's a quote and not you're personal opinion?

MXM said:
TGG: I don't think so. See, the Boxster has this stupid image of being the little-Porsche, "for those who can't afford a 911", girly car, whatever. While the SLK screams agression. Big engine, big noise, scary design, etc

pdanev said:
That IS reality. That is the image of the boxster. Cheap porsche, one that everyone can afford, for people who can not afford a "proper" porsche.

Is it really that hard to figure out that neither me or him were expressing our thoughts on Boxster, rather then image it has among people?

pdanev said:
And you use some of those braincells in the that pretty head of yours

I've just said it IS a proper Porsche. You made the inference it wasn't. So, why isn't it a proper Porsche?

OMG, im speechless... I honestly don't know if I should laugh or cry.