Would you rather have JC or RH review a super car?

Blythy said:
forexample:

McMerc had the brake test
Carrera GT had all that silicon carbide crap
enzo had the book stuff
F430 had the race with the ferrari test driver
Viper wrote it's own name
Evo FQ400 had the lambo race and the top gear floor down against a fiat diesel.

Do you really think he came up with all those? Top Gear would be nothing without the excellent producers.

I think they've got a good mix of guys.....and I think that they all should take turns at doing supercar reviews, although you always want more Jeremy than anyone else.....let's face it, the other two are good presenters but they're the sidekicks to the star.

FATMOUSE said:
I'd love to see James May do a supercar review.

He did the one of the Lambo that he hated (countach)

Chupacabras said:
FATMOUSE said:
I'd love to see James May do a supercar review.

He did the one of the Lambo that he hated (countach)

In my head, that's more one of the "old cars" review than a "supercar" review. By supercar, I'd mean something recent, or just out.

And that was the Lambo special...there ain't exactly many Lambourghini cars that aren't supercars [LM002 and the tractors being the two that came to my head].

True... hmmm

I would love to see May make a proper supercar review. That's a sure laugh! May is always hilarious :)

I really enjoy all of Mays stuff. I like the way he is, how to speaks, and how he can say something that's just spot on every time.. =)

I think it would get boring if Clarkson had to do every supercar review. It would be boring if each presenter just got their own "territory"! I don't want Clarkson to be supercar specific, or may to old cars specific. I want something new each time! And so far, Top Gear has been excellent at doing this. I just think they need to be careful not to get to "locked up" in their current roles in the show.

And i still remember the segment where each presenter chose their favorite British car.. Hammond chose a Morgan, Clarkson a Noble, and May a Rover.. =)
I've never before laughed as much as i did when i saw Jeremy's face when he was driving the Morgan! Or how May reacted to driving the Noble! :lol: He sat in this awsome car, and then he started making fun of the horn!

I don't know, i don't really prefer one presenter over another. Clarkson is obviously the centre of things, but the show wouldnt be the same without any one of the three.

I'd like to see the presenters span out there review resumes, but then they might loose some of their personas. I just remember how funny it looked, when they were making the TG theme out of engines, and I saw James in the Enzo. Although I did think it was cool.

Buktu said:
I really enjoy all of Mays stuff. I like the way he is, how to speaks, and how he can say something that's just spot on every time.. =)

I have just seen May's Toy-Show, he's is indeed a marvelous presenter all by his own!

Buktu said:
I think it would get boring if Clarkson had to do every supercar review. It would be boring if each presenter just got their own "territory"! I don't want Clarkson to be supercar specific, or may to old cars specific. I want something new each time!

exactly that, TG needs all three of them to be the great show that it is, JC the daredevil, I wouldn't believe the other two to run an Arial Atom down the runway only to see how it'll blow up their chops :D. May is the gentleman with dry humor and as Buktu stated does every comment spot on without making to much fuss about it, the TR6 review in the rain couldn't have been done by the other two as James had done it :) and Hampster? He's last but not least the little brother, they need him as counterpart in the team, the'll teas him like one does with a little brother with everything (theath whitener or hillarious advertising jobs :) ) but one coud never imagine what it would bee without him :)

the difference between TG and 5G is the TG team is a team while 5G's "team" is just a bunch of presenters (all fine on their own no doubt) but not working together at all.

Aw, I'm enjoying all the May-love in this thread, but I'd go for Jeremy on a supercar film time after time. He's hysterical and most of all a big excited kid, which is exactly the way Joe Public would be with a supercar. JC keeps it real.

Electrastar~Indochine said:
Aw, I'm enjoying all the May-love in this thread, but I'd go for Jeremy on a supercar film time after time. He's hysterical and most of all a big excited kid, which is exactly the way Joe Public would be with a supercar. JC keeps it real.

Speaking of keeping it real....who's the nutjob in your blend?

TrippleFJC said:
Electrastar~Indochine said:

Speaking of keeping it real....who's the nutjob in your blend?

There is a big disscusion about it here, his name is Taylor Hicks ;)
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10570

I too think Jeremy is the best option for reviewing supercars as he has more experience. I know it is more James' territory but I would like to see Jeremy do more reviews on really small cheap cars ( but only because it would be funny watching him trying to get in the car)

James has definately got my favourite style of presenting, he rocks!!!