Wow, call that dumb or stupid..

But since America believes in a sense of strong individuality and entrepreneurialism, you won't hold that against me now, would you?

I dont but you should have phrased it more towards an economic sense rather than political. You and Ren seem to want our economy to fall or "go down" and that to me seems sadistic.

I am a capitalist. And as a capitalist, I know how to personally profit from a situation in which America is going down. I could reap a small fortune if I play my cards right.

Im sure you might be able to do that...then give half of it to your country in taxes, of course.

justin syder said:
But since America believes in a sense of strong individuality and entrepreneurialism, you won't hold that against me now, would you?

I dont but you should have phrased it more towards an economic sense rather than political. You and Ren seem to want our economy to fall or "go down" and that to me seems sadistic.

No, I DO NOT WANT the US economy to go down.

BUT it is heading in that direction. DEBT, consumer/household debt and government debt will bring down the US economy.

justin syder said:
I am a capitalist. And as a capitalist, I know how to personally profit from a situation in which America is going down. I could reap a small fortune if I play my cards right.

Im sure you might be able to do that...then give half of it to your country in taxes, of course.

Hmm...how does capital gains taxes in the US work?

In Canada, 50% of capital gains is tax-free (whee!). The other 50% is subjected to the normal tax rate, which is almost 50%.

Americans need "Canada" when they go outside their country.
Americans when they travel abroad have to claim that they are peace loving Canadian, and not war mongering American. It might not be the case for every country in the world, but for surely the most of any continent on the planet.
Justin, one thing that really puzzles me, you obviously seem to be much much smarter than Mr. Bush and yet you support him. You seem to come with more eloquent excuses for his follies than he does. Why is that?

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Not trying to America bash, but they seem to forget that they didn't exactly help out their allies in both World Wars until they were attacked. :|
Back when we had the right idea on foreign policy. It's not our place.

Re: Wow, call that dumb or stupid..

Renesis said:
http://mediamatters.org/static/video/cc-200412010011.wmv

I'm currently living San Diego and I've seen this live. My reaction: :shock:

What this woman is saying is outrageous, not only in this clip. She is a regular guest on FOX, which is also unbelievably biased. I've never seen anything like it on German television and I certainly will never do. Take Bill O'Reilly with his "Factor" as an example, the "no spin zone"!?!? Yeah, sure... :roll:
Election Coverage, criticism of Democrats, etc. etc. FOX seems to be the propaganda network of the Bush administration.

Furthermore, I recommend the movie "Outfoxed". I've seen it before I came here and now I see that the movie was not exaggerating.

I mean, I like it here, the people are very friendly, etc. but there are some things which I don't understand. E.g. people, as biased as the people which are working for FOX, expressing their personal opinion on national television... :thumbsdown:

cya
Oli

oliB said:
I mean, I like it here, the people are very friendly, etc. but there are some things which I don't understand. E.g. people, as biased as the people which are working for FOX, expressing their personal opinion on national television... :thumbsdown:
According to an independent study done by college students, FOX is the least-biased news network on the air today. It was not based on popular opinion, but rather on style of reporting.

Many say that because of the liberal bias of the other networks, FOX seems outrageously conservative.

Dr. Woo said:
According to an independent study done by college students, FOX is the least-biased news network on the air today. It was not based on popular opinion, but rather on style of reporting.

Many say that because of the liberal bias of the other networks, FOX seems outrageously conservative.

Sorry, but that's bullshit in my opinion.

I watch FOX every day and one of FOX's hosts (I forgot who it was, but it was not a guest!) said this on the air, one day before the election: "Don't make a mistake tomorrow, vote for President Bush!". I was stunned... :|

That's just one example of course, stuff like this can be heard every day.
For instance, another thing they did was saying "x days till President Bush will be re-elected" instead of saying 'x days remaining until the election".

cya
Oliver

Dr. Woo said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Not trying to America bash, but they seem to forget that they didn't exactly help out their allies in both World Wars until they were attacked. :|

"We" as in Germany? :dunno:

ESPNSTI said:
Fox is biased, but at least they don't hide it.

Agreed.

I'm not saying that the other networks are 100% neutral, but what I see on FOX sometimes is outrageous.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Dr. Woo said:

"We" as in Germany? :dunno:

I don"t fully understand this either...
Maybe he mixed up "right" and "wrong". :?:

cya
Oliver

Wow... I forgot what I was missing.

I was busy last few days but seeing the misconceptions of "Fox" and Sean Hannity, along with a subtle insult against Bush's intelligence,

Justin, one thing that really puzzles me, you obviously seem to be much much smarter than Mr. Bush and yet you support him. You seem to come with more eloquent excuses for his follies than he does. Why is that?

just makes me want to stay away for a bit.

justin syder said:
Wow... I forgot what I was missing.

I was busy last few days but seeing the misconceptions of "Fox" and Sean Hannity, along with a subtle insult on Bushs' intelligence,
Hahaha... I bet alot of people here would be pissed at the fact that I got Ann Coulter's book for Christmas. :D Great read. Just makes you proud to be a Conservative.

Hahaha... I bet alot of people here would be pissed at the fact that I got Ann Coulter's book for Christmas. Great read. Just makes you proud to be a Conservative.

Dude good fuckin buy!!

Im gonna get O'Reillys other books. I finished "Whos looking out for you" and it is great.

Damn proud conservative!

"Guns dont kill people, abortion clinics do!"

"Whos looking out for you" is more a good advice type thing. Its really a good read, with politics in it but overall its O'Reily telling you advice based on his experience. He examines which ppl are really looking out for you and which are out for themselves etc.

I cant do it justice, see if amazon has an exerpt or take a glance at it in Barnes & Noble but Im sure youll pick it up. Its really good. :thumbsup:

oliB said:
Sorry, but that's bullshit in my opinion.

I watch FOX every day and one of FOX's hosts (I forgot who it was, but it was not a guest!) said this on the air, one day before the election: "Don't make a mistake tomorrow, vote for President Bush!". I was stunned... :|

That's just one example of course, stuff like this can be heard every day.
For instance, another thing they did was saying "x days till President Bush will be re-elected" instead of saying 'x days remaining until the election".

cya
Oliver
I think you're mixing up the newscasters with the hosts of political shows on FOX News, like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. A newscaster on FOX would never say such things, and if you're going to try to convince me otherwise, then I cannot believe you.

justin syder said:
"Guns dont kill people, abortion clinics do!"

For god's sake don't tell me you believe that? it's one of the dumbest things I've heard :?