• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Wow. JC was harsh on James May in this:

I think you linked to the wrong article, but anyway REPOST :p
 
I think it was supposed to be about this
 
I think he was talking about this.

I don't think he was harsh at all. I also tend to be harsh when people show up late for appointments or don't even bother to call to cancel or postpone it. Jezza summed it up perfectly. :lol:
 
Well, a little harsh perhaps. but JC has been quite honest about what he thinks about this matter for years and I quess May knew what was coming :)
 
I think its good to speak your mind. But mainly to WHOM you have a problem with ! Not to the public which doesnt even care. Also he has to work with this chap again in the future. Go talk to him, sort things, and leave US out of it. Isnt there any other more interesting subject to write about ?
 
Hm.. I completely agree with Jeremy though. When someone is late, it's downright insulting. I'm never late for anything, actually, I'm almost always at least 10 minutes early. And even on the very very very very rare occasion that I'm late, I always call whoever I'm meeting and say that I'll be 5 to 10 minutes late.

I make it a point to be on time, and I expect at least the same from whoever I'm meeting. Having to wait is insulting.
 
zeroSignal said:
Hm.. I completely agree with Jeremy though. When someone is late, it's downright insulting. I'm never late for anything, actually, I'm almost always at least 10 minutes early. And even on the very very very very rare occasion that I'm late, I always call whoever I'm meeting and say that I'll be 5 to 10 minutes late.

I make it a point to be on time, and I expect at least the same from whoever I'm meeting. Having to wait is insulting.

Amen brother. I'm always on time. Mostly a few minutes early. When I go somewhere I've never been before, I look up how to get there and leave on time. I hate it when people are late.
 
zeroSignal said:
Hm.. I completely agree with Jeremy though. When someone is late, it's downright insulting. I'm never late for anything, actually, I'm almost always at least 10 minutes early. And even on the very very very very rare occasion that I'm late, I always call whoever I'm meeting and say that I'll be 5 to 10 minutes late.

I make it a point to be on time, and I expect at least the same from whoever I'm meeting. Having to wait is insulting.




Yea, but you still shouldn't attack/slander a co-worker in a public way...
 
I agree with Jasruler.

IMO, it is childish gesture to talk about your personnal beef with a collegue in your weekly publication. Come on! He's a journalist foremost.
 
I?m afraid James now has Jade Goody syndrome; I worry that he thinks he doesn?t need friends because he?s got fans instead. And if he loses some of those, there are always half a million more queueing up for a slot in his address book.

I nearly wrote a strong letter of complaint to his website

Website?
 
Danny & Jasruler - I agree, blasting someone, especially a colleague online is a bit childish, but since when is Jeremy a grown-up? I mean, he admits himself that he's got the mental age of a 7 year old. :)

The point that I was trying to make is that making people wait is very rude, and even if you have a valid excuse, you should always try to be on time.
 
zeroSignal said:
Danny & Jasruler - I agree, blasting someone, especially a colleague online is a bit childish, but since when is Jeremy a grown-up? I mean, he admits himself that he's got the mental age of a 7 year old. :)

The point that I was trying to make is that making people wait is very rude, and even if you have a valid excuse, you should always try to be on time.




Publically slandering people is rude too. JC isn't always in the right.
 
Well you'll soon see if he really has a problem with James or not. Because, if James leaves TG after the next series, then he did. Thats probably why JC is upset, he's the boss, and James didn't do what he wanted. Imagine, you're boss if he asked you tyo do something and you didn't. Normally, I wouldn't care, but then, and this is an important point, it was for charity, that some how makes it worse.
 
OOh God!
I should invite poor JC to Mexico, so he knows what late really means!!!
Being British, I am always on time, and normally 15 to 30 minutes early. Here the norm is to arrive half an hour to one hour late!
A couple of months ago I organized a Birthday party for my daughter, of which about 50 people were invited and had accepted for 4 p.m.
We bought the food, organized the catering, etc and we were completely ready (and knackered!) by about 3. Come four o'clock: no-one, not a single soul. Then, about 5 pm., some of them started to arrive (family mainly), then more at 6, and the last few between 7 and 8. Half didn't even bother to show up at all!
Now, had that been one of JC's kids, I'm sure he would have taken them to school the following Monday in a tank and blown all his kids friends and their mums in their LandCruisers to smitherines!!!
 
Top Gear Girl said:
Well you'll soon see if he really has a problem with James or not. Because, if James leaves TG after the next series, then he did. Thats probably why JC is upset, he's the boss, and James didn't do what he wanted. Imagine, you're boss if he asked you tyo do something and you didn't. Normally, I wouldn't care, but then, and this is an important point, it was for charity, that some how makes it worse.
bah! you're looking too much into it. Everyone on TG takes, and receives, huge amounts of criticism from each other. it really doesnt amount to anything.
 
Top Gear Girl said:
Well you'll soon see if he really has a problem with James or not. Because, if James leaves TG after the next series, then he did. Thats probably why JC is upset, he's the boss, and James didn't do what he wanted. Imagine, you're boss if he asked you tyo do something and you didn't. Normally, I wouldn't care, but then, and this is an important point, it was for charity, that some how makes it worse.


Nah, I think its more like JC considered James May a colleague, and I'd hazard a guess, a friend... and feels betrayed. Betrayal is a nasty feeling.
 
The three make fun of each other in their columns all the time. Hell, just read Jame's May's latest in the October issue where they both take potshots at each other.

Wow, I have too much time on my hands...
 
Top