• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

WRC 2005: Monte Carlo

MercedesAMG

so anyone ready for the start up of the 2005 season? any predictions? i'm still rooting for solberg.. hope he makes a killing this season

Yep I hope petter does well, but Sebastian Loeb is always dangerous on the starting races esp tarmac stuff. I just wish the coverage was better here, I never know when it's on :(

Going for Loeb and Citroen...:)

Mischief007 said:
Going for Loeb and Citroen...:)

Ditto here

ALLEZ SEBASTIEN!!!!

If Subaru can solve the watersplash problem and get more compettitive on tarmac, I'd bet on Petter, but those are two BIG "if"s.

Oh yeah, BIG rally fan here so the start of the season cannot be too soon.

I'd like to see Gr?nholm win (well I would, wouldn't I) but realistically I think that Loeb will take this one. Looks like it's going to be a good season, a lot of excellent drivers and the PSA teams will probably like to out with a bang so good competition coming up, Yey.

No cable, so I only can watch via downloads which results in me usually being out of the loop when it comes to WRC, but I'l really rootin' for Solberg & Subaru! :thumbup:

Solberg. No doubt. Loeb is finished, and not as motivated as Petter.

Just read an article in the newspapers today, which Petter wrote (translated from Norwegian, but must be read with Petters rather BAD english):

petter4tu.jpg

"Hi guys!
Imagine that you're going for a ride. When you start, the tarmac is dry. Then it gets wet. Then you go higher up, the road gets icey. And when you reach the top, it is snowey. Then you need to get down on the other side of the mountain.
That's Monte Carlo, and that's what makes it so hard. I'm not going to brag about my tire-choice, but the thing is you can't make a tire-choice that'll be the correct choice forthe whole "lap". That's why a driver can win 20 sec.s one lap, and lose 20 on the next. Without him driving bad nor better ..."

The article goes on and on about tire-choice....

I love WRC. And whenever there is F1 instaead of WRC, I just fall asleep after 36 laps .... I think in F1 it's 90% car, and 10% driver. In WRC it's more like 50/50. Besides, no one in F1 overtakes anyone, unless the guy ahead of you spins off, or you are Michael Schmacher ...

I'm sooo looking forward to this season of WRC :p :twisted:

Lets announce a person who is willing to rip every race :p

haz

THIS JUST IN:

A VERY DRAMATIC SEASON-START FOR PETTER !!!!!!

petterdritiut8ij.jpg

Petter lost his brakes on the first timetrial, and had a small accident. The car was ok and he continued, BUT spectators were extremely close, so it could have ended with casualties... (Petter: "one of the worst things I've experienced in rally)

TOTAL: (AFTER 2 OF 15 TIMETRIALS):

1. Sebastien Loeb 31.25,1
2. Francois Duval +10,5
3. Marcus Gr?nholm +13,2
4. Markko M?rrtin +21,6
5. Petter Solberg +25,4
6. Toni Gardermeister +30,1
7. Stephane Sarrazin +46,7
8. Didier Auriol +47,5
9. Gilles Panizzi +56,2
10. Alexandre Bengue +1.15,3
11. Luca Rossetti +1.16,0
12. Roman Kresta +1.17,1
13. Harri Rovanpeer? +1.20,4

RESULTS, 2.ND TIMETRIAL, FRIDAY (20,15 km.):

1. Marcus Gr?nholm 14.05,4
2. Francois Duval +0,3
3. Sebastien Loeb +1,1
4. Petter Solberg +2,5
5. Markko M?rrtin +8,9
6. Toni Gardermeister +9,0
7. Gilles Panizzi +10,8
8. Stephane Sarrazin +15,6
9. Roman Kresta +23,3
10. Harri Rovanpeer? +29,8
11. Alexandre Bengue +34,5

RESULTS, FIRST TIMETRIALS, FRIDAY (22,93 km.):

1. S?bastien Loeb 17.18,6
2. Francois Duval +11,3 SECS
3. Markko M?rtin +13,8
4. Marcus Gr?nholm +14,3
5. Toni Gardemeister +22,2
6. Petter Solberg 24,0
7. St?phane Sarrazin +32,2
8. Didier Auriol +33,5
9. Alexandre Bengue +41,9
10. Gilles Panizzi +46,5
11. Harri Rovanper? +51,7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGES:
FRIDAY:
SS1: 22,93 km - kl. 08.33
SS2: 20,15 km - kl. 09.46
SS3: 32,70 km - kl. 13.21
SS4: 32,70 km - kl. 16.42

SATURDAY:
SS5: 32,61 km - kl. 07.50
SS6: 19,52 km - kl. 11.46
SS7: 28,40 km - kl. 12.19
SS8: 19,52 km - kl. 16.25
SS9: 28,40 km - kl. 16.58

SUNDAY:
SS10: 7,32 km - kl. 07.57
SS11: 19,52 km - kl. 08.19
SS12: 31,19 km - kl. 08.55
SS13: 7,32 km - kl. 11.49
SS14: 19,52 km - kl. 12.11
SS15: 31,19 km - kl. 12.47

haz

personally, i'd like to see how martin fairs with a new team and new car. but of course, my favorite driver has to be solberg (he has such charisma and character :mrgreen:).
only way to get wrc coverage here is via speedchannel, which i don't get here at school :(
i'm not sure about the long run, but it semms sebastien loeb is unstoppable in monte carlo once again..

Solberg looks like to be attracting the wrong kind of attention ever since those three DNFs in a row last season.

ESPNSTI said:
If Subaru can solve the watersplash problem and get more compettitive on tarmac, I'd bet on Petter, but those are two BIG "if"s

I watched those watersplashes and it was dissapointing to see that Subaru couldn't solve that. I hope they can resolve that issue.

SuperGeijiMayuu said:
personally, i'd like to see how martin fairs with a new team and new car. but of course, my favorite driver has to be solberg (he has such charisma and character :mrgreen:).
only way to get wrc coverage here is via speedchannel, which i don't get here at school :(
i'm not sure about the long run, but it semms sebastien loeb is unstoppable in monte carlo once again..

when will he be getting the new car? i didnt think it was ready yet

oh he switched to peugeot? i havent been reading the news on who has been switching to what.. thats interesting

So wait, hasnt Loeb changed teams now?? :| I heard that do to the excessive costs of running a rally team, Citreon & co have left the scene.

I hope Mitsubishi gets everything fixed so they can be competitive again :(

When Mitsubishi is not in the rally i usually end up rooting for peter and subaru :)

ok. here are the teams and their drivers. the source being the official WRC site, of course. (there's been quite a shuffle from the last season)

Citroen
- Sebastien Loeb
- Francois Duval

Ford
- Tony Gardemeister
- Roman Kresta

Mitsubishi
- Gilles Pannizi
- Gianluigi Galli

Peugeot
- Marcus Gronholm
- Markko Martin