• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

WRC 4 or Colin McRae Rally 2005

I've never played WRC4, but my opinion of CMR 2005 (Demo) is that it's crap.
Of course I like the hard-core Richard Burns Rally best. (Which doesn't have group B though)

Good for you :) I would have recommended CMR:05 because i'm into the realistic driving games and the last WRC game I played was very arcadey and a bit on the poor side. Only thing is that the WRC game is official and has all your favourite teams :(

I have CMR 2005 and the demo doesn't do it justice. Although I think CMR 2004 was better.

U guys play this with a wheel?

Of course. It's hard at first but you get the feel for the car and can put some really fast times. I'm even left foot braking ;).

Don't know. I know I picked up CMR a couple of months ago for dirt cheap.

Hmm, I actually thought of getting CMR05 recently...
I just need a game, thats not as hardcore sim as LFS... At times at least...

Buba

Get FIA: GTR. Wait, that's even more hardcore...:lol:. CMR 05 is good but I preferred 04 personally.

I liked GTR a lot. The Demo of GT Legends (next game from simbim) should be available this week. I'm pretty much looking forward to that one...

GTR is that old?? Damn. I'm trying to finish up CMR 05 before I dive into GTR. Wow, I'm behind.

I hated CMR05, Really didnt like the whole feel of the game, I know it sounds weird but it felt wrong. I loved 04 though. WRC4 is very very good, Huge improvement from the previous versions.

Rallisport Challenge 2 on XB is the best by far tho :)

wrc 5 is out in september and ive played it and its the dogs bollix the best game so far out of them.
cars on fire at the side of the road, rocks falling down cliffs lighting hitting polls and trees and sending them flying

and the online thats the best out of the lot

so id wait until sept and buy wrc5 :D

btw Cosworth brillant avitar where was that taken??

Mischief007 said:
GTR is that old?? Damn. I'm trying to finish up CMR 05 before I dive into GTR. Wow, I'm behind.

It was released worldwide like 6 moths later than in denmark and germany (possibly all of Europe...)

Anyway, they mostly did new tracks and the vehicles from that time.

I hope it will feature the Nordschleife, but who knows... Maybe you gotta search their site, but I had a few... ;-)

Buba

Buba said:
I liked GTR a lot. The Demo of GT Legends (next game from simbim) should be available this week. I'm pretty much looking forward to that one...

Please make sure you warn us when it comes out, ok? ;)

I can't wait for GP Legends. Racing online with the Ford GT 40 on the historic N?rburgring. Oh boy.