WRC Croatia 2023

Tram

Ring, ring!
Another year, another WRC race...

Truth to be told, this year my enthusiasm for the WRC race was low. I didn't even feel like going through crowds to see some rally action. Instead, my father found a nice spot not far from his weekend cottage, and I joined him. I did want to take some pics, and this spot was good enough for that.

Second thing I wasn't less than enthusiastic about this year was editing the photos. I did take them, but instead of meticulously editing each picture, I just cropped them and let the Lightroom's auto tool do its magic. I cropped out my pops from some, but couldn't be bothered to blur his or his friends' faces in each of the pictures, so if something happens... sorry dad, but I was too lazy to edit you out. I think my brother even makes appearance in a couple of them.

And finally, I didn't feel like organizing the pictures, or giving detailed descriptions. Instead, enjoy 40-so pictures of different rally cars taken from pretty much the same spot.

DSC_0404.jpgDSC_0414.jpgDSC_0419.jpgDSC_0429.jpgDSC_0437.jpgDSC_0439.jpgDSC_0441.jpgDSC_0459.jpgDSC_0462.jpgDSC_0466.jpgDSC_0469.jpgDSC_0473.jpgDSC_0475.jpgDSC_0481.jpgDSC_0488.jpgDSC_0498.jpgDSC_0507.jpgDSC_0513.jpgDSC_0516.jpgDSC_0525.jpgDSC_0531.jpgDSC_0548.jpgDSC_0555.jpgDSC_0570.jpgDSC_0585.jpg

Nice pictures, especially as the lower tier cars never really get seen unless you're there in person.

I feel like the event should've been cancelled after Craig's death, apparently it's the first time since 1989 that a driver has been killed during* the event. Money is apparently more important.

*Including test days on location.

I feel like the event should've been cancelled after Craig's death, apparently it's the first time since 1989 that a driver has been killed during* the event. Money is apparently more important.
Thought that at first, but family said they wanted it to run and everyone to enjoy it. At the end of the shakedown Tanak said he promised Craig's mum he would smile.

It was better it ran as a tribute to him. Probably help everyone to process what happened.

Hyundai livery and tributes to him were excellent.

Tributes by the event, teams, competitors and the fans were very moving. So many banners on the stages.

An Irish crew won the JWRC round and they were one of the junior crews Craig was helping.