• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

WRC New Zealand

SuperGeijiMayuu

New Zealand is just around the corner! (April 08 - April 10) :cheers:

the driver standings as of right now
1. P. SOLBERG (20 Pts)
2. M. M?RTIN (19 Pts)
3. T. GARDEMEISTER (17 Pts)
4. S. LOEB (15 Pts)
5. M. GR?NHOLM (12 Pts)

i believe petter won it here last year and gronholm the year before that.
i think gronholm, loeb, and gardemeister can score podium finish here, but of course, i'm going to be wrong as always :mrgreen:

Re: WRC New Zealand

SuperGeijiMayuu said:
i believe petter won it here last year and gronholm the year before that.
i think gronholm, loeb, and gardemeister can score podium finish here, but of course, i'm going to be wrong as always :mrgreen:

We'll see what happens. I hope you're wrong on the podium, since I wish Solberg will be included.

I like the rally NZ, it resembles Rally Finland the most. Plus, finns have usually performed well there.

Solberg was second best on the shakedown, only beaten by Gigi Galli.

And it's raining now, which is always a good thing for Petter and his Pirelli's :D

^yes, and he was only about 1 1/2 secs behind too ..

haz

I just hope that PSA cars will clean the table on their final year in the championship (for now atleast). As a Peugeot owner I naturally want them to top the Citro?ns :)

Gr?nholm seemed pretty confident on his car, hope he can drive free of mechanical problems for once.

After SS8 Loeb is first. Live results from Mitsubishi. ;)

Loeb has been tearing along damn fast indeed, +20 sec lead. If he gets a problem free run I doubt hell lose the spot. Even tho theres lot of road left..

Yay for Gr?nholms 2nd spot :thumbsup:

Looks like Loeb has secured the first place. After SS16 he is 51.9 sec ahead of Gronholm. Solberg is 6.8 sec behind Gronholm. Looks like there's gonna be a battle for second place! :)

Loeb did what he does best. The fella sure seems to be one ace driver on any surface. Atleast Sohlberg didnt get past Gr?nholm for the 2nd spot, yay :D

2005 New Zealand
1. Loeb
2. Gronholm
3. Solberg
4. Duval
5. Gardemeister

Loeb does seem to be getting better and better. this year is proving to be a quite an exciting one :thumbsup:

Driver Championship
1. Solberg (26 pts)
2. Loeb (25 pts)
3. Martin (23 pts)
4. Gronholm (20 pts)
5. Gardemeister (20 pts)

About michelin, I saw an interview of a Michelin engineer earlier today. He claimed that recent improvements have resulted in 0.4 seconds per km increase in speed. Which is huge, and could have a lot to do with Loeb's incredible speed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make Loeb look bad. He has deserved his victory, and looks like he's in the same shape he was last year. Very very fast, and very very reliable. He is the most likely canditate to become the Schumacher of rallying.

-Sam

Chris Atkinson finished 7th for Subaru. :thumbsup: Keep an eye on him for the future. He's gonna be good. It's only his first season and 3rd rally in a WRC car and already he's winning stages. Go you good thing. :D

Overheat said:
Michellin seem to be dominating - or at least Loeb makes it look that way! lol

Gr?nholm said after the race that he didnt have a chance against Loeb on his tires. Tells something about the difference between the tire makers..

Anyone record a eurosport or speedvision feed on New Zealand? I need to get me WRC fix somehow!