Wrecks / Crashes

MasterEvilAce

Have any of the Top Gear team crashed or wrecked a car (not on purpose), while filming Top Gear?

Such as on the track, a road test, or what not. Obviously, they drive fast by nature, and with so many cars there has to be a few oopsies.

Anyone know of any? Specifically the car, what happened, and what episode?

richard once crashed a purple de tomasso. dunno that was while filming though

and tom of fifh gear once went into a snow wall with a maserati MC12 :eek:

and they all broke a gearbox or sth, but that's not realy a crash

JC took a Ford RS 2000 out of the track once .... no biggie crashes no ....

haz

Hasn't JC crashed a supercar or something?
This was years back, before new Top Gear. It was when he was writing for the Sunday Times though. I don't remember anything about it really as at the time I wasn't a huge JC fan and couldn't get any car related shows or text (it was when I was in Dubai... so years ago - probably 5/6).
For some reason I seem to remember it was in France but I could be wrong about that...

I recall something about a classic jag, that they treated a bit too harsh on the track. Search the forums, i've seen it on here somewhere.

What about the Vauxhall (Astra?)? Jeremy was trying to steer it from the backseat, and he crashed into a tree. They didn't film that though.. I just remember this because of the joke they made afterwards with the insurance papers - "Where were you at the time of the accident?" :lol:

Tom Ford didn't crash the MC12, the owner of the car did.

Stig has had a few offs in the wet like when he spun the NSX and almost hit a tire wall and when he spun a Vanquish at the fastest point of the track and somehow missed any objects. No damage though.

i know that hammond never crashed a car..... after all he is a driving god :)

On old Top Gear Clarkson smashed a Vauxhall Vectra sport into a tree before he returned it to Vauxhall, although its very debatable whether that was a accident, needless to say Vauxhall weren't impressed.

Also, James May was driving a 911 with Jason (fat one who got sacked) round the track when he dared him to get it sideways, he ended up in the bushes with various scrapes and dints on the car.

What about the Renault Megane (?) TG crashed on purpose with a stuntman behind the wheel. They made it look as if they didn't coordinate it with the factory, hence the call Hammond makes at the end of the segment.

swek said:
What about the Renault Megane (?) TG crashed on purpose with a stuntman behind the wheel. They made it look as if they didn't coordinate it with the factory, hence the call Hammond makes at the end of the segment.
I think I remember that one :mrgreen:

M3lover said:
Hasen't Hammond spun a TVR 350 of the course once? Or was it the Stig.
It was in the last episode of the first series. The Stig had set the suspension up himself, so it was very stiff and therefore twichy. This resulted in countersteer entering the 2. last corner and ended up on the grass, like most of the celebrities on their practice lap.

I'm just waiting for a Star in the Reasonably priced car to roll it over. A few have come quite close.

Walsh_e said:
Also, James May was driving a 911 with Jason (fat one who got sacked) round the track when he dared him to get it sideways, he ended up in the bushes with various scrapes and dints on the car.

when was that?

but i do remeber something about Jeremy crashing a supercar ..

What about the last episode with the remote controlled cars, and there have been crashes as well in the 100 Pound car competition, though the last ones definitely were on purpose.
And yes, due to the fact of the massive legroom and extraordinary comfort in the back Jeremy crashed that Vauxhall Signum trying to operate it from the back.