WTF Happened to Eddie Murphy?!?

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
I just have no idea how someone could put forth so much effort and continually get worse.

Discuss :cry:

I believe it all started around the time he did Best Defense and The Golden Child. Things have just gone down hill for him since, with the exception of Bowfinger.

Same goes for Jim Carrey. What the hell happened to him?

He is good actor its just that he plays in crappy movies that should been made 10 years ago. The same with Jim Carrey.

Eddie had kids, so he stopped being vulgar. Unfortunatly, that's all he's really good at.

He is good actor its just that he plays in crappy movies that should been made 10 years ago. The same with Jim Carrey.

Just like Mike Meyers, also...although...the movies just shouldn't have been made at all.

They all found out that the could stop trying, still get movies and still get paid.

Don't tell me you wouldn't start slacking off if there was no chance of getting fired in your current job.

Perfect example: Samuel L. Jackson

Same goes for Jim Carrey. What the hell happened to him?

Coincidentally, I quite enjoyed Yes Man (with Jim Carrey) as the lead.

Partly because I'd read the book, partly because it's less "plastic face" than Carrey's usual, and partly because Zooey <3

Jim Carrey is working on new movie at the moment as far as I know.

WTF Happened to Eddie Murphy?!?

His head was removed and pulled around a motorway.

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/2915/meetdaverd3.jpg

Isn't he making Beverly Hills Cop 4?

They all found out that the could stop trying, still get movies and still get paid.

Bingo. To me, things started going downhill when he did The Nutty Professor, Dr Dolittle, things got worse with Pluto Nash and to top it all off he did The Haunted House which was just ghastly
If you watch some of his older stuff (Beverly Hills Cop, 48 hrs, or even better, his standup comedy shows) you go WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.
Strange thing is, that he is currently the funniest in the movies where he doesn't need to act at all (Shrek)

Best Eddie Murphy things Ive seen are Linky 1 and Linky 2

Last edited:
Actually the start of his downward slide began w the romantic comedy boomerang. Having said that I like some of his family comedies (nutty professor, dolittle, and daddy day care) but the edgy, comedian Eddie murphy who made jokes about a gay mr T, the ice cream truck and endless black jokes, is long gone. Accept it and move on folks.

What puzzles me is most of the ppl here are in their 20s and most of his best stuff was from the early 80s when most of you were barely walking and talking, how did you get into his classic movies when they were a little befre your time?

Yeah, he was the king of stand up comedy, now it's Chris Rock. Did anyone see his latest, "Kill The Messenger"? It was hilarious! :lol: