WTF Happened to Eddie Murphy?!?

What puzzles me is most of the ppl here are in their 20s and most of his best stuff was from the early 80s when most of you were barely walking and talking, how did you get into his classic movies when they were a little befre your time?

Channels on basic cable tend to show decades old movies.

Channels on basic cable tend to show decades old movies.

I know they rerun them all the time on tv, my question is more, for ppl who essentially grew up with comedies of the 90s and 00s, didn't Eddie's 80s movies seem a little dated in terms of its humor?

I know they rerun them all the time on tv, my question is more, for ppl who essentially grew up with comedies of the 90s and 00s, didn't Eddie's 80s movies seem a little dated in terms of its humor?

I don't really think so. I remember my uncle having one of Eddie's standup videos but he never let me watch it (I think I was 5 or 6 years old) because of the language.

So what does one do 15 years later? one goes on the internets and downloads all the crap one can find. Still have both those standup shows, and some stuff goes over my head, most of it still is funny today.

Everyone has a rough idea of the culture back then. I find everything on Raw and Delerious hilarious.

"Ewww, where did you get that greasy welfare burger!?" :lol:

I still LOL everytime I hear the "drunk cookouts" bit. Aunt Bunny falling down the stairs, etc...

I still LOL everytime I hear the "drunk cookouts" bit. Aunt Bunny falling down the stairs, etc...

Aunt Bunny's moustache.. :lol:

Wow you guys really do know his standup shows well.

I heard a rumor that Eddie Murphy is a possible candidate to play the "Riddler" in the next Batman flick.

They all found out that the could stop trying, still get movies and still get paid.

Don't tell me you wouldn't start slacking off if there was no chance of getting fired in your current job.

Perfect example: Samuel L. Jackson

Thats no excuse, the beatles got so famous they didn't want to play live anymore so they went all studio, and what resulted? they changed their style and got better at the same damn time.