WTF TG series 9 only 6 episodes long!

6 episodes doesnt bother me. It would bring it in line with other shows and then series 10 should hopefully be longer.

Im wondering if the series are just getting too expensive with their wildly outrageous stunts and etc and the budget only allows for fewer quality eps rather than more number, but diluted eps.

Ed

Unlikely. That'd only work if Hammond & the gang had been filming the whole time he was in the hospital.
Thats what I'm thinking as well...I don't think they'll return in May but I would love for them to do so!

Maybe we might get 6 more in May and then a full season in mid October??

Maybe we might get 6 more in May and then a full season in mid October??
The final series of the year would most likely be of reasonable length I'd imagine. Like 8 or 9 eps - that would be nice.

But again - if they could do another series in May, that would be friggin awesome!! Don't think it'll happen though. But if it does, how NICE!! Oh look at me, I'm going mad...

Even my girlfriends excited about Top Gear coming back and she didnt even know what it was until we started going out!!

im not suprised most shows here go in seasons of 6 eps.

Exactly - plus the Top Gear mag website is starting to do more video. Add to that the fact that BBC Worldwide are looking to spend up to ?800 million improving their web offerings like Top Gear mag (by making them more interactive, adding video etc...) we're bound to see a lot more video made for the mag site.

i completely disagree, i'm rather bored with the mucking about, and id much prefer having one of the only shows that can actually pull off a car review without being boring stay that way. i always look forward to the mucking about, and than find out i like the car reviews better,

if i want mucking about ill go hang out with some friends, or even just whip up some tools in my garage and run some experiments on varies car parts, as well theirs enouph "reality TV" shows

loosing the car reviews would be like loosing half the show, it just would be sad, not that many people can put emotion into car reviews, and i really don't want to loose the only show i know that can

Last edited:
Im wondering if the series are just getting too expensive with their wildly outrageous stunts and etc and the budget only allows for fewer quality eps rather than more number, but diluted eps.

Ed

This is a good point. This just might be one of the reasons why a couple of the previous series was short. The series with the Veyron was also 6 eps if I recall. I don't know if I like the direction this show is heading as far as less actual car reviews and more stunts. But, at least its not Fifth Gear. :lol:

A couple of car reviews now and then are fine but this show is about so much more than cars - it's a top quality pissing about magazine show. It's a chance to be a seven year old boy again and shout OH MY GOD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the top of your voice.

I admit I was going a bit to far when I said I didn't want any car reviews, some are actually quite good and create a ying to the yang of the mucking about (or is that the other way around?).

Episodes in better than none, hell after that really shit FG series anything is better. Although there was an article in the paper today about TG with a picture of the crew filming, I wont say there were filming with but it looks like its gonna be a interesting segment......

gah! I can't take that stuff any more :'( Again so short ??? They had all this extra time to think up cool shit, make some good arrangements and set everything up perfectly .. and then only 6 episodes ? pfhhhh :| dissapointing to say the least. Anyway, I hope this still counts as last years season and that they'll air the next season right after this one. Or else I'll have to start watching Big Brother so I'll like the humor in Fifth Gear :( Not looking forward to that honestly.

A couple of car reviews now and then are fine but this show is about so much more than cars - it's a top quality pissing about magazine show. It's a chance to be a seven year old boy again and shout OH MY GOD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the top of your voice.

I admit I was going a bit to far when I said I didn't want any car reviews, some are actually quite good and create a ying to the yang of the mucking about (or is that the other way around?).

It's about getting in fast cars, proclaiming "I AM A DRIVING GOD" (and he proved it by not getting serious permanent injuries!!)

any Top Gear is better than no Top Gear...

All this whinging already. Before the end of the week we'll be back to the: 'it's all staged'. FFS, as they say online.

They had all this extra time to think up cool shit, make some good arrangements and set everything up perfectly .. and then only 6 episodes ? pfhhhh [User Posted Image] dissapointing to say the least.

I'm hoping that's sarcasm, if not, it is just pathetic. Maybe they were more concerned with Richard fixing his brain? Be grateful for what you get - especially as you don't even fund the BBC like we in the U.K. have to.

childish faffing

6 episodes is a bit disapointing but at least TG is back...Can't complain about that ;) Hopefully they'll get in line with the schedual now and bomb the next season with over 10 EPs